Force by mercury marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force by mercury marine

So I found a pontoon boat it’s a 1994 with a 40 hp force my buddy tells me I can’t get parts cause force is out of bizzness
    And it’s made by Chrysler but it’s says mercury marine on side of motor what you
    All think

Plan on replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Plan on replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lol. That’s what my buddy says

Comment

Parts are easy to get, Merc or Chrysler. Don't expect much out of a pontoon with any 40hp moter.

Comment

You’ll have a nice anchor!!

Comment

Run

Comment

Force is the worst

Comment

Force outboards were not real good even when they were new. And yet, I see a few still running every summer.

Comment

if he is getting it for the right price and can afford a repower sooner or later there is nothing to be scared of

they are not top of the line for sure, but the Mercury ones are not horrible and like I read on another forum one of the real issues with Force outboards was the buyers of them (low budget, cheap, new boaters)

it is a 27 year old 2 stroke it could run 5 more years or 5 more minutes and that goes for any boat engine that age

the real issue is the rest of the boat is it worth a repower if needed.....if not then probably a pass

I make fun of Force too, but there are ones out there still running that are operated by owners that took care of them or buyers that knew what to fix after it was abused and parked

Comment

I had a Force 55 HP on my first bass boat. It was only 3 years old and I replaced it with a new Johnson because it was costing to much to repair.

Comment

Buy the boat for the toon only

Comment

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

i had a 35 for e n the first boat i bought we made fun of it but that little thing was a tank we couldn’t kill it just kept running lol replaced it with a 60 evinrude and that thing was a pos just like everything there good and bad ones of all of them

Comment

Had a 20 foot pontoon with 40 horse evinrude. When it broke down, none of the local mechanics wanted to touch it due to the manufacturer being out of business. I would have had to trailer to Fort Worth but I didn't have a trailer so ended up doing internet diagnosis and DIY repair. That boat would only do 14mph on a good day.

Now have a 20 footer with 70 horse Yamaha and it will do 22mph per GPS on a flat day. If I see a 90 or 115 for sale I'll snag it cause I'd still like a little more speed to help with fishing buddies that run late lol. Don't count on easily finding a deal on repower though. Outboards are still very scarce.

Just some things to consider. You are obviously ok going with an older boat anyway so hold out for one with a bigger motor if you have any length of run to your fishing grounds.

Comment

Might literally be the worst outboard ever made.

Comment

Working...
                              X