Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheap way to build a wood blind... plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...to confirm above, look on craiglist or FB Market for shipping crates. I've built two out of them for my pig place. It is much cheaper although supporting/framing it and making a door in reverse is a PITA. We made it work though for $200 plus 3 Deer View windows. I think they were 5x7x7

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6695.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	24642057
    Last edited by Smart; 02-02-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Yes...to confirm above, look on craiglist or FB Market for shipping crates. I've built two out of them for my pig place. It is much cheaper although supporting/framing it and making a door in reverse is a PITA. We made it work though for $200 plus 3 Deer View windows. I think they were 5x7x7

[ATTACH]1039107[/ATTACH]
      man i love that idea !! shipping crate would do exactly what i'm looking for!
      thanks for the tip!

Comment

Pallets are free then skin them with plywood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut branch off tree
          Sit on ground
          Support rifle on said branch
          shoot hogs
          repeat

Comment

Why do you need a blind if your gonna hunt at night? Just take a chair and sit back in the brush.

Comment

I hunt Hogs out the of bed of my truck I wouldn’t feel safe being on the ground hunting hogs but that’s just me
              Last edited by austinmike; 02-02-2021, 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Watch the attached and size to your needs.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxmOPL0508"]Building a 6x8 Hunting Box Blind Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

cheap way to build a wood blind... plans ?

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
                  Cut branch off tree
                  Sit on ground
                  Support rifle on said branch
                  shoot hogs
                  repeat
                  Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  Why do you need a blind if your gonna hunt at night? Just take a chair and sit back in the brush.

We bowhunt them only but do sit on the ground in a chair too if the wind requires it. When it’s dropping into the 20s/30s with a good north wind, that box sure makes it nice to sit longer into the night .

Comment

why did we go from a thread asking for tips on how to build a blind to all these comments on why i "need" one to begin with ? I didn't ask for a democrat debate, just build tips ...

so thank you to those with the build ideas... carry on

Comment

How big you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                        How big you want it?

4x4 6 to 7 feet tall .. and i don't mean of the ground .. it can be just on cinder blocks

I'm actually contemplating welding a metal frame .. seems with the price of wood , it may actually be cheaper .. weld a frame and skin it ..

already got the mig welder with bottle ... going to price the steel..

cheapest would be to find a shipping crate about that size.. last one i got years ago was free, but it decomposed since then .. should have painted it..

Comment

I like the pallet and/or fence boarding idea. All free...I would think. Maybe skin the outside of a pallet box with the fencing. Skeet some water sealer on it and a few pieces of old tin, r-panel or even shingles on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            With today's wood prices ($6 for a standard 2x4x8), there isn't anything cheap about building a blind right now. You'd have to try craigslist or Facebook looking forscrap. The blinds I built in 2009 for $5-600 would cost me $900-1000 now.
                            I can quote this above^ is very accurate. In the process of helping my dad make 4. If I swing over to my barn after work I will send some photos. We are using actual flip windows and lumber to make everything. Its about $900 a unit, lumber is kinda getting hard to find right now so good luck.

Ill try to send photos.

-Jack

Comment

i like the video someone posted above where the guy buys 2x4 , but cuts them in half lengthwise on a table saw .. half the price that way .. still i think steel will be cheaper and stronger ..

Comment

Working...
                              X