No announcement yet.

Covert Ford Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will mention my experience from a few months ago. Saw a new car on their website for my wife so she and I went to Covert in Hutto. Young salesman was nice so we took a ride in the car and then sat down. We negotiated on the trade in and then on the new car and came to an agreement (or so I thought).

He brings the paperwork in for us to sign and there was an additional $3500 added on. I asked what that was for and he started listing off a bunch of extras like $200 mats, etc. I told him I did not want those add ons so he went and got his manager.

The manager tried to strong arm me and I simply told him I will get up and walk out so he finally took it off.

Then I told them I wanted to pay cash and was told "no you have to finance some of it" - at any rate it took me us three and a half hours to get the deal done. So in my case I was not impressed and do not like it when someone tries to add extra cost hoping I would not catch it - and apparently many of the different dealerships are trying to do the same thing - just my 2 cents

Comment

Service department sucks monkey nuts - and sales isn't much better.

Over the last ten years, I tried twice to buy trucks from them, I'm a pretty easy sale.....

I want what I want, but Covert acted like they didn't want to sell it, plus they had a bunch of gimmick add-ons they tried to sneak in.

As a cash buyer, I'll take the financing if it means a better deal, but they didn't seem to understand that concept, which is really strange for a car dealer.

Waste my time twice, and I'm done with you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
        Bought my last 4 from Covert Bastrop and I still have 2 of them and that covers 23 years. Never had to haggle. Ernest Barrow sold me all of mine.
        Just ran into my good neighbor, Ernest Barrow, and passed along your compliments. When my husband asked him how long he’d been selling cars, he modestly said, “Yeah, I guess I’ve been in the car bidness for about 48 years, and I got ‘em (customers) from all over…” Then he started listing the states from which he has repeat customers. (Made me chuckle.)

He’s a great neighbor, too. There are only a few of us left in the ‘hood who like to swap out game meat. He’s one of them.

Comment

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with their sales. Kenny Covert is married to my cousin so maybe that helps a little.

Now the service department could use some work…

Comment

Covert Bastrop is pretty easy to deal with. Hutto Covert was a pain , they like to do mark ups on all popular cars/trucks. Service departments are lacking in bastrop and Hutto and from what a few of my friends say , Austin too.

Comment

From my experiences, dealing with any Ford dealer in TX is a hit and miss dilemma. In 2020 when I was looking for a new truck, F350 C/C LB, most did not have one, most did not want to order one and would not deal on price. I talked to over 30 dealers across the state and only found one willing to deal and had a truck I wanted. Very, very few had a LB in stock and most were F250's. Cook Ford in Texas City had a truck I wanted and we did the deal all over the phone or texts. They also said any F350 order for a customer or the lot was a LB. Most places only carried in stock F250 short beds especially in the South Plains where I use to live!

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                Covert Bastrop is pretty easy to deal with. Hutto Covert was a pain , they like to do mark ups on all popular cars/trucks. Service departments are lacking in bastrop and Hutto and from what a few of my friends say , Austin too.
                I've bought many vehicles from Hutto Covert. Haven't had to deal as really good friends from high school work out there.

Lacking is an understatement for the Hutto Chevy service tho. My son went in to get an oil change a few weeks ago. He had a 4:00 appt, showed up at 3:50 and they started on his car at 6:30. It was after 7 before he left. Pitiful!!

Comment

Working...
                X