Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
    You are a genius, very good summary.

Just trying to help people save their hard earn $120 yearly by not paying Energy Ogre but to each their own
    you and me both - it is so simple to DIY on powertochoose and it is free - takes about 5 minutes to compare and choose -

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
      you and me both - it is so simple to DIY on powertochoose and it is free - takes about 5 minutes to compare and choose -
      Bingo, bingo , bingoooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
        You are a genius, very good summary.

Just trying to help people save their hard earn $120 yearly by not paying Energy Ogre but to each their own
        Convince my wife of that and I will believe it. Haha.

Paid the $99 cancellation fee and with the lower bills I will make that up in 3-4 months. Still have 32 months of 10.4 cents. If, and that’s a huge IF that probably won’t happen, prices go back to the sub 8 cent per. I will cancel again and lock in for the longest term I possibly can.

I’ve got guys at work who have no idea how to read an EFL or anything like that. I have walked multiple through it and worked out the math to show them how their $100 credit at 1000kwh wasn’t actually saving them money, or how their free nights and weekends doesn’t really save them money. I’ve been requested to teach a class to all the NCOs so they know what’s up and can help their junior soldiers if they are having money/budget issues. My dad schooled me up on it when I moved back to Texas and actually had to shop for power. Now just trying to spread the knowledge. It can be confusing. Energy ogre makes good money off something some people don’t want to deal with, and that’s perfectly fine. But the reason to use them is “I don’t want to deal with it” Not because they always get you the best rate or contract.

Comment

Oh, and I didn’t do anything with the company I was cancelling with. Just went to the new company(On Point Energy) website and signed up. They handled it all. Saw a $99 cancellation fee hit my account, then 5 days later they billed me for the power I had used. Seamless transition. Maybe 20 minutes of my time total spent.

Now, I did spend a few minutes here and there in the months leading up to it to hop on powertochoose and check the prices. Saw it hit 10.1 and then come up to 10.4 and decided it was my time to act. Sitting at 10.8 right now, so I think I swapped at the right time.

Comment

Only had two issues with companies to date.

Discount Power, just a complete pain to deal with. Basically if you were setup for auto draft, you could pay you bill in time for being late from the time you received the billing.

Champion Energy on a cramming issue. I really like dealing with them other than that.

I typically will do 12 month terms, except as of late been shorted due to inflated rates.

The ‘New Customer’ clauses are what really perturb me, but you see that with other utilities services as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
              Convince my wife of that and I will believe it. Haha.

Paid the $99 cancellation fee and with the lower bills I will make that up in 3-4 months. Still have 32 months of 10.4 cents. If, and that’s a huge IF that probably won’t happen, prices go back to the sub 8 cent per. I will cancel again and lock in for the longest term I possibly can.

I’ve got guys at work who have no idea how to read an EFL or anything like that. I have walked multiple through it and worked out the math to show them how their $100 credit at 1000kwh wasn’t actually saving them money, or how their free nights and weekends doesn’t really save them money. I’ve been requested to teach a class to all the NCOs so they know what’s up and can help their junior soldiers if they are having money/budget issues. My dad schooled me up on it when I moved back to Texas and actually had to shop for power. Now just trying to spread the knowledge. It can be confusing. Energy ogre makes good money off something some people don’t want to deal with, and that’s perfectly fine. But the reason to use them is “I don’t want to deal with it” Not because they always get you the best rate or contract.
              I just looked up powertochoose. For my zip code, there are currently 148 different offers, 30 within .1c per kWh and 58 within .5c per kWh, all with different usage tiers and different terms from 3 months to 5 years, with highly variable cancellation terms. It’s just not worth my time to sift through and compare the different rates every 90 days to try and time the market to get the best rate.

EnergyOgre does it all for me and also proactively recommends when to cancel out of a current contract, which they have done 3 times in the last 5 years. I also had a billing issue with a supplier and Energy Ogre intervened to pressure the supplier to resolve the issue in my favor.

If you think you’re better at predicting power prices than EO, you should get a job working for a power trader trading on ERCOT, PJM, or NYISO for $500k a year.

Comment

Working...
              X