A rod for my nephew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rod for my nephew

This turned out so nice I had to show it off. The story is that I’d planned this build for myself to match the shimano SLX XT my kids got me for Father’s Day last year. I’d just started putting it together when we started trying to come up with ideas for my nephews birthday gift. He’s been wanting a baitcast rig so his mom planned to get him the same reel and this rod got re-purposed for him.

It’s built on a Rainshadow Revelation medium/moderate fast blank with carbon fiber grips, matching blue accents, split reel seat with aluminum barrel and locking hood, alps Tichrome/blue guides and matching thread work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice rod. I like the colors!

Comment

Very slick. Good work bud.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Very nice rod. I like the colors!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
                Very slick. Good work bud.

Thank you

Comment

Well, a funny update for this. Gave this to my 16yr old nephew who was on his way to corpus for the week. I gave him a selection of lures for him and his brother to use. I told him to ty on a casting plug to practice with it because it’s his first baitcast setup. Well he promptly tied on a large one knocker hooked on the reel and packed it. Then I get a text asking for help. Somehow he got two of the three hooks stuck in behind the levelwind. He never got to even use it[emoji2361].

Comment

Hmmm. Couldn’t have just clipped the hook?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                      Hmmm. Couldn’t have just clipped the hook?

If I’d been there, yes I could have and probably will end up doing just that but they didn’t have anything that could have cut it.

Comment

If you do not have room to clip hook, remove cap under level wind and drop pawl out and you can slide level wind over and remove hook. Perform over a towel so you do not lose the pawl that guides the level wind across worm gear

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          If you do not have room to clip hook, remove cap under level wind and drop pawl out and you can slide level wind over and remove hook. Perform over a towel so you do not lose the pawl that guides the level wind across worm gear

Thanks, that was my plan b but he actually cut the hooks and got it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X