No announcement yet.

Best Fridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be a year in July. Got the LG with the craft ice. Biggest complaints are form the ice maker. Both of them have something that leaves sediment in the ice, so when it melts, it remains. It sinks so you don't drink it. Called them on the warranty and they said it was the water and to add a pre-filter. I did, same results.

The other complaint is the ice maker in the door doesn't seal the best. Ice ends up forming together in the box if you don't use it for a few days. Due to this I never have a full ice box. Oh well. Other than that I am happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      The Monkey Wards in my shop is 70 years old and still working but I don't think they make them any more. Sub Zero in my house is 23 years old and still works.

Nice! My brother has a Philco about the same ageā€¦..still works fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought a samsung 6-7 years ago and no issues. But I've heard so many bad stories about samsung I'd be hesitant to buy them again. Bosch is great for every appliance, kitchen aid is also great. Those would be my top contenders in the consumer world. You shouldn't have to pay 5000 bucks for a fridge that'll last 10 years.

edit- I just looked at prices and man they are expensive. We payed 2200 and thought that was pricey.
        Last edited by FCoDxDart; 04-07-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I have had good luck with Maytag.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            We have a Samsung now that the icemaker freezes up every month on.
            4-5 years ago I bought a Samsung fridge. Within 18 months, the service tech came out 4 times to fix the freezing up ice maker. Store gave me a full credit as I bought a Frigedaire which has not had any problems.

IMO, appliances today are made to last 5-8, maybe 10 years if you're lucky. Cheap plastic materials made in Mexico or China, and computer boards that are manufactured in Asia. When they break, parts often takes 4-6 month to replace. After fighting with constant repairs, these appliances become disposable and it's time to buy another. Gone are the days when your fridge, washer & dryer, or dishwasher would last 25-30 yrs. Microwaves are a great example of today's disposable society.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
              good rule of thumb. Never buy a samsung.
              100%

Comment

going into year 10 with our GE. no issues. is yours have ventilation? or cabinets surrounding all sides? those things put off heat so need some air flow to survive.

Comment

Have a Sub-Zero that’s 15 years old. I’ve never had a problem with it and it’s still going strong. Buy once, cry once.

My Whirlpool washer and dryer on the other hand…

Comment

Samsung sucks, like said above. Every three months you have to defrost the whole dang thing. Just did it yesterday. Water pours out of the freezer onto the floor. Grrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Will be a year in July. Got the LG with the craft ice. Biggest complaints are form the ice maker. Both of them have something that leaves sediment in the ice, so when it melts, it remains. It sinks so you don't drink it. Called them on the warranty and they said it was the water and to add a pre-filter. I did, same results.

The other complaint is the ice maker in the door doesn't seal the best. Ice ends up forming together in the box if you don't use it for a few days. Due to this I never have a full ice box. Oh well. Other than that I am happy.
                      Are you changing the LG water filter?? I have two ice makers on our LG & changing the water filter regularly fixed our funky tasting ice. Ours is located inside top left.

Comment

The only way to make sure you get one that lasts forever is to buy it in Avocado Green.

Comment

Following...about to outfit a new house with appliances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                            Nothing like the old ones, have a Whirlpool made in 1996 out in the garage, got if from a guy about 8 years ago for $50.
                            X2 on older units

Comment

I have a GE that was a wedding gift in 1982 that is still going.

Comment

Well, I’m the odd man out. We had a minor issue with our Samsung when we first bought it, but otherwise, it has been going strong for probably 15 years, maybe longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X