X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flying insect ?

what the heck is that ?
    Attached Files

robber fly! also known as assassin fly! cool looking ! intimidating for sure!

Comment

Robber fly

Oops. A post too late.

Comment

Bass bait...

Comment

dragon fly

Comment

Robber fly for sure. They like to eat my honeybees.

Comment

We called those horse fly

Comment

While non aggressive, they will sting if they just happen to fly into you. It is a sting you do not want to get. It's horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  robber fly! also known as assassin fly! cool looking ! intimidating for sure!
                  X2

Only fly I ever saw scarier than that bad dude was Jeff Goldblum.

Comment

We called them horse flies growing up. Some people will tell you they don't bite, others will tell you they will bite the living crap out of you.

When I grew up on the coast, any time we were along a shore line, those suckers would bite the living crap out of you and would hunt you down relentlessly. But since moving from the coast, we have them where we are now, they are not aggressive at all. But some time back we were near either one of the rivers or a lake, and there were some of those suckers around. They were just like ones on the coast, they would relentlessly hunt you and bite the crap out of you.

We have them show up around our house regularly, I can't help but want to kill them. The times I was busy doing other things, and did not kill them. I noticed they were not aggressive at all. They don't act like the ones on the coast at all. Those A hole bugs that hang out around the bays are bad news. I don't know why the ones around the water are so aggressive, but they definitely are. It's burnt in my brain, that those things are mean as hell, so I want to kill every one I see. But around where we live, they are not aggressive at all.

I would like someone to explain the whole deal to me. People either seem to know them as not aggressive or as being very aggressive and bite like hell, it depends on if they are near water. Around salt water they are really bad.

Comment

Shoot, we got skeeters that size around here.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                        We called those horse fly
                        yalls horse fly's are different than ours.

Comment

Are you a foreigner? Not sure how someone could be Texas bred and never seen one or even not been bit by one! We call Em “horse flies”

Comment

This is the horse flys I have been bitten by. I have seen the others but not sure what they are.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X