Sarrels Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarrels Bows

Do you guys mind giving me the rundown on how the different models differ? I'd like to pick up one of his R/D longbows with a medium to high wrist grip. (Pistol grip?)

I've messaged him on Facebook but having heard back from him. I'm shooting a Satori right now and really like it but, because I'm a wood guy, I'd really like to get a bow from a custom bowyer (preferably from Texas).

Thanks!

He has more models, the 2 I’m experienced with is the Yukon and Blueridge SR. The Yukon is a smooth shooting forward handle, slight string follow longbow. Very nice shooting bow that tad slower than some. The Blueridge SR is a 3 piece highly R/D longbow. It’s a hot rod! Very smooth, quick, and quiet.

Sorry I wasn’t much help, I’m sure others here will have more experience with the other models.

Comment

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have an upper limb with some twist. Do I have to send in the whole bow or just the limb that is twisted? Or, can I just buy a set of limbs without sending in the riser? This is for a blue ridge S/R

Comment

He is in South Austin I think he is a member here
        Can look hi up on google I had his # once apron a time

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have an upper limb with some twist. Do I have to send in the whole bow or just the limb that is twisted? Or, can I just buy a set of limbs without sending in the riser? This is for a blue ridge S/R

To get this answered most correctly, you should call Bob at 512-940-3098 and discuss it with him.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a blue ridge once and went to visit him. He is great. Wonderful bows. I just couldn't find a grip that suit me. Bisch shoots a blue ridge too and has taken a large number of animals with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              To get this answered most correctly, you should call Bob at 512-940-3098 and discuss it with him.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Thank you Bisch

Comment

As for the new limbs, that depends on when the bow was built. I wanted a new set for my Blueridge S/R and Bob said that he dropped and broke the jig for drilling them. Mine is a 2014 bow. Now he has a new jig that isn't exactly like the old jig, so the limbs won't interchange.

Comment

All of bobs bows are great it's really a matter of personal preference. I personally like the sierra it's my favorite out of all his models. Best thing would be to visit bob and find the one you like the most.

Comment

I’ve owned several of Bob’s bows and currently have a Blueridge S/R and a Sawtooth. They are great shooters, as are all of his bows. End him a message on Facebook and he will reply. You can’t go wrong with a Sarrels.

Comment

Yep Bob gets them right. Best to go to the shop and shoot bows till you get the wallet out.
                      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                        Yep Bob gets them right. Best to go to the shop and shoot bows till you get the wallet out.
                        Arvin
                        Or meet up with him at one of the Texas shoots. For some reason this year was the first in a long time I didn't come home with a new one from the Chester shoot.

Comment

Working...
                        X