Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience with, or recommendations for....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I have not had luck with the Spartans. I put more out than is recommended spacing-wise and it did not put a dent in them. It’s not supposed to keep them away it’s supposed to attract and kill them but after a couple of months each had maybe a dozen dead ones in them. My most effective method has been to spray the entire yard with that Cutters product once a month. I also have a fogger that runs off a small propane bottle
    Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post
    I put up a couple of Spartans. Pretty sure I followed the directions and kept the water level up. Not one mosquito in either of them after 3 months and they are thick in my backyard.

Thinking about getting a Dynatrap to try next.
    FYI, the Spartan system is not a trap that keeps them inside. Mosquitoes enter the devise, consume the poison and fly off and die. You typically don’t see dead ones left over in the tubes. We used them for the first time last year and feel it made a huge difference. We use to not be able to sit outside without being carried off by the bastages.

Comment

We purchased mosquito control services through a local lawn care service (Emerald Lawn). I believe we pay a monthly fee and, for that fee, the company will fog your yard on the first day of service and will set up traps throughout your yard (based on its size). The traps are filled with some kind of sugar water and contain a chemical that renders mosquitos unable to reproduce AND. unable to bite.

We were skeptical the first year we tried it. We back up to a creek that, when low, has stagnant ponds here-and-there; a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. We were so pleased with the results that we are nos in our fourth consecutive year.

Comment

I let the barn swallows be. They are messy little buggers but do a wonderful job of insect control.

Comment

We put out 2 spartan tubes on sunday and have noticed a difference already. Im a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            FYI, the Spartan system is not a trap that keeps them inside. Mosquitoes enter the devise, consume the poison and fly off and die. You typically don’t see dead ones left over in the tubes.
            I didn’t realize that. Thank you. May try it again this year if that’s the case.

And while they are bad where I am, there not “Houston bad” like growing up, so I don’t think I need a mister system or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I live in the Piney woods and they are horrible! I put out a dozen of the Spartans. So far I haven’t noticed any difference. I ordered a propane fogger with Black Flag liquid that goes in it. That’s supposed to be here on Thursday.

Comment

Spartan tubes at my house and it has made a huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Thanks guys. Looks like I will be ordering the Spartans. If that doesn’t work I’m going to look into installing a mist system. I appreciate the feedback.
                  It can take like 3 days for the Spartan to kick in.

Comment

I hung a Spartan tube last week & have noticed the benefits of not getting bit

The Spartan product maybe a good gift to my neighbors so we can cover more ground

Comment

Man I live in the Piney woods and they are horrible! I put out a dozen of the Spartans. So far I haven’t noticed any difference. I ordered a propane fogger with Black Flag liquid that goes in it. That’s supposed to be here on Thursday.
                      I have no advice, but thanks for the the heads up... I'm doing some work at the lease this weekend and will bring extra Off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                        I have no advice, but thanks for the the heads up... I'm doing some work at the lease this weekend and will bring extra Off.
                        Yep they are as bad as I’ve ever seen them out here. Good luck this weekend Roby.

Comment

I have a black flag fogger over here near Seadrift. I think these mosquitoes bathe in the stuff because it does absolutely nothing for them.

Malathon works well, as does Bifen.

Buddy uses the Spartan near Ganado and he swears by them.

Comment

Working...
                          X