Rural Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural Internet

What do you guys in ETX use for Rural internet?

I dont even want to hear about Hughes Net been down that road.

Have yall had good luck with the Verizon hot spots?

seems like the reviews on these 3rd party style hotspots are are all over the place.

Trying to keep from doing a tower setup but it may be the only option.
    In the Lindale/Van area.

Etex, here at Holly Lake. Don't think you can get it, but don't know for sure.

Comment

Rise Broadband, has worked great for us, and only gets better as they add more tower mounts

Rise Broadband offers Residential and Business internet services. Learn more about flexible packages designed to meet your budget and WiFi needs.

Comment

I use Texas Cellnet. They are located in Lindale I think. I do have a 60 foot tower with a 20 foot mast on top of that.

-john

Comment

Don't use the VZ hot spots for full time service. I learned the hard way they are limited on use and then they slow way way down. They are for intermittent use only.

I use Excede internet. I also heard Frontier has line of sight service, too, in some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            Don't use the VZ hot spots for full time service. I learned the hard way they are limited on use and then they slow way way down. They are for intermittent use only.

I use Excede internet. I also heard Frontier has line of sight service, too, in some areas.
            Been happy with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
              Rise Broadband, has worked great for us, and only gets better as they add more tower mounts

https://www.risebroadband.com/
              Thanks for sharing Chief....according to their website we have service available in our area which sounds promising. I have a call into them as we speak. We are currently using OTR hotspot and it’s shady shady IMO. Worked fantastic the first few months, then pretty much turned to SHAT!!! They throttle you down once you use up your data limit even when they say they don’t.

Comment

T Mobile has a "test drive" free for 30G/30 days. I ordered it today to try. Supposed to be 5G. We shall see

Comment

Don't get locked into an expensive long term contract.

Starlink is coming soon.

High-speed internet. Available almost anywhere on Earth.

Comment

https://www.risebroadband.com/
                    Hit and miss for us but only option

Comment

Tagged for later, in case I need it.

We do the tower thing with an outfit out of Madisonville and they started off great, blazing fast and reliable. Not so much lately, and trying to get someone to fix an outage is an act of congress. But given the other choices, we can just ride this train 'til it runs off the rails.

Comment

That’s the god thing about Rise no tied down contract.. we run two firesticks and never (knock on wood) have any issues with it freezing up
                        I do have them come and check the signal and do my speed test on it often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s the god thing about Rise no tied down contract.. we run two firesticks and never (knock on wood) have any issues with it freezing up
                          I do have them come and check the signal and do my speed test on it often
                          Plugged our address into their website and it said service was available. Spoke to an agent for 30 mins and set up a work order for install. Received a text about 15 mins later saying sorry for the inconvenience but the installation department says service is not available after all due to poor signal strength in the area. 🤨🤨😡

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            Plugged our address into their website and it said service was available. Spoke to an agent for 30 mins and set up a work order for install. Received a text about 15 mins later saying sorry for the inconvenience but the installation department says service is not available after all due to poor signal strength in the area. 🤨🤨😡
                            I have a couple towers between 20 & 243 that I might be able to connect you to.
                            As with most situations, it will probably require a tower or pole of some sort.
                            Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Comment

I have Rise. It's either that or satellite, or Verizon. I've tried them all. Satellite sucks, unless that is all you can get. Verizon worked well, but they got expensive if it was used a lot. We are within sight of a Rise tower, their service was pretty unreliable for a couple of years, but has got better lately. It's the least expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X