New Consigned Mesquite Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Consigned Mesquite Project

Hopefully this doesn't get on another persons thread like my last post.. Sorry again Wilcox. Anyway still punching away at my side fun hustle, this is a in process sofa table with lower shelf. Life edge table with live edge legs. Added a video of one of my favorite tools, arbor tech planer/thingy. Put in on a high speed grinder and it removes wood and wood rot quicker than anything I have every used in 20 years. Cant get video to upload, I will work on that. Top is inlayed with Turqoise and Mother of Pearl. Should be finished and together in 7-10 days as its only mocked up and needs final sanding and assembling. Pics to come.
    Attached Files

Those look great

Comment

Great piece of woodwork.

Comment

What’s something like that worth to you? Thanks in advance

Comment

OK, today got the sanding and inlay done. Legs and lower shelf down to 240 grit and table top down to 400 grit, first coat of Osmo 3043 on it. 3 to go.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            What’s something like that worth to you? Thanks in advance
            Really depends, many of the projects I do are for people that had a bull mesquite at the old "Home Place" or original farm and its dead, cleared or going away. Its a good memory for them to have and a sort of heirloom to pass along.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
              Really depends, many of the projects I do are for people that had a bull mesquite at the old "Home Place" or original farm and its dead, cleared or going away. Its a good memory for them to have and a sort of heirloom to pass along.
              Beautiful work! I really appreciate that attitude in woodwork. I try to do that as well but haven't had the opportunity on such a nice piece of wood yet.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                Beautiful work! I really appreciate that attitude in woodwork. I try to do that as well but haven't had the opportunity on such a nice piece of wood yet.
                Hey, looks like you hunt in Victoria I’m not crazy far, you ever want a mesquite slab to work on let me know. I had a trailer load milled this last year and would love the chance to give you one. Just let me know, have always enjoyed your threads and deep sea trips.

Comment

Looks great!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks Bisch.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                      Hey, looks like you hunt in Victoria I’m not crazy far, you ever want a mesquite slab to work on let me know. I had a trailer load milled this last year and would love the chance to give you one. Just let me know, have always enjoyed your threads and deep sea trips.
                      Wow thanks for the generous offer and I would love to take you up on it. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

Just about finished up, finally...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that's looking amazing! I've got some newly milled mesquite, and more coming, so this is the inspiration I need!

Comment

Very nice job sir. Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Waiting to see that "planer/thingy". I do a lot of live edge mesquite and have been using one of these for 20 years. Would love to know of a more efficient tool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	24678811

Comment

Working...
                              X