No announcement yet.

Gas powered T post Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made one for my big hammer drill using a socket and an old chisel tip sucker works great

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      First time I used the machine I got thin wall 2 3/8” glavanized fence pipe stuck in the shaft. It drove the pipe just fine...but mushroomed the driving end of the pipe too. Used the tractor to pull the whole deal out of ground...pipe and motor stuck on top. Like I said...clay loam.

Dont drive thin wall 2 3/8” galvanized pipe even though it will drive 2 3/8” pipe.

Which one do you have? I have several hundred feet of pipe fence to build with 2-7/8 pipe post but pretty sandy soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        After using a pneumatic driver several years ago, never again will I risk splitting my dome with the El Manual again. Rocky terrain on a friends place. We drove drill stem and T-post with it. 20 acres we drove all post in 2 days time that included welding, a beer or two, and a couple ham sammiches. Best money ever spent on rental equipment. For reference his property was in Bertram
        We drive drill stem with a skidrill and pilot a small hole with a one man auger.

One thing I've noticed about drilled pipe over concreted, the drilled never moves an inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I'll stick to a Manuel post driver. I'm too old for that crap.
          Or Jose

Comment

I have a man saver basic post driver that my air compressor runs. It's like a mini pile-driver and gets it done QUICK.

Comment

In the ANG, for driving ground rods, antenna stakes, Pionjar- http://www.crdcreighton.com/products...drill-breaker/

Comment

Working...
              X