Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things to put in new home construction thread ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hard line from your main propane tank to where you will have your grill. So much easier than having to constantly refill small tanks.

Comment

We recessed the floor 1.5” and put in a drain not connected to the sewer system in our laundry room for possible floods

Comment

I'm about 75% through with my new home build.

I see a lot of great ideas and I added a few

I am on propane so i piped to outdoor kitchen

22kw backup generator wired to run entire house. Transfer switch has shedding capabilities so I can control what drops out if power load gets too much.

Garage ceiling plugs to hang retractable electric cord reels.

Hot water to outside faucet by garage

20x24 trophy room with 12' side walls and 21' peak walls.

12x12 storm room

Walk in showers with no step.

36" doors through out house ( plan ahead for possible wheelchair or walker access)

42" door coming from garage to house. You'll thank me later.

Electric plugs in eves for xmas lights

Wire for all smart home, data, cameras, alarm, stereo anything that you might need. Cheaper now than after house is built.

Tankless water heaters with manifold and circulating pump

Plugs in cabinet drawers in restrooms for hair dryers, curling irons and whatever else our wives can think of.

USB plugs anywhere you think you need it for charging

We did a big pantry with counter top for prepping, put pot filler in pantry too.

Stairs in garage to attic. 42" wide

Plenty of lighting and outlets in attic

I'm sure there are more, but that's a good start plus what everyone else has said.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wall mount toilet.
          Huge showers built with kerdi and no glass shower doors
          Digital shower/tub valve
          Tankless
          4-6 car garage insulated with mini split ac

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            85% of home intruder killings occur in the laundry room. Can you imagine how much nicer it is to clean up that mess when you have a drain?
            This comment did not get the recognition it deserves, well done.

Comment

Large, all masonry fireplace plumbed with a propane starter. We did this on our new home and it is awesome.

Comment

Put up plywood behind the drywall in any room you planning hanging mounts it nice not have to find studs , and you can hang your mounts anywhere you like. Dax

Comment

3 tank stainless steel sand filter for rainwater collection. Good videos on YouTube about such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    I did this 20 years ago in our current home...purpose,

Water heater is there, water softner is there, Washer is there...

If any of those springs a leak or gusher, the water has a place to go(down the drain) as apposed to flooding the house.
                    No water heater in house - that would be my plan. Just had one bust and talk about fun

Comment

Originally posted by Dax Morgan View Post
                      Put up plywood behind the drywall in any room you planning hanging mounts it nice not have to find studs , and you can hang your mounts anywhere you like. Dax
                      Good idea

Comment

If you have young children, fart fans in their bedrooms for diaper changes. I regret not doing this after the last 5 years changing my little ones’ diapers. [emoji1785]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just finished building a few months ago. Love the switch in master for outside floods, found that idea right here on TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                            If you have young children, fart fans in their bedrooms for diaper changes. I regret not doing this after the last 5 years changing my little ones’ diapers. [emoji1785]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little late. Could have used that 5 kids ago [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Dax Morgan View Post
                              Prior to drywall, raid the trash pile and block the walls needed at $0 cost. Why give up another 1/2" of a room?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                Prior to drywall, raid the trash pile and block the walls needed at $0 cost. Why give up another 1/2" of a room?
                                Yep...did this in our build.

Comment

Working...
                                X