Bare shelves in BPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare shelves in BPS

I went to bass pro shop in San Antonio today. The only ammo they had on the shelves was about five or six cases of shotgun shells. No pistol ammo. No rifle ammo. Nada I thought things were getting better?

I find most small gun shops have ammo but the bigger well known ones get hit pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
      I went to bass pro shop in San Antonio today. The only ammo they had on the shelves was about five or six cases of shotgun shells. No pistol ammo. No rifle ammo. Nada I thought things were getting better?
      Better does not mean good. I was in Academy a few days ago at 5:30 PM and saw several boxes of .22 mag and .22lr on the shelf. That I saw it was not so shocking as seeing it at 5:30 PM.

Comment

BPS in Katy had multiple cases of .223 ammo, a little black powder stuff, and some shotgun shells yesterday.

Academy in Lafayette had some various hornady bullets, .22 ammo, .17 ammo, 7.62 ammo, and birdshot on Wednesday evening. I think it’s still just hit or miss, but seems to be creeping back to better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bass Pro San Antonio ammo is on a cart(s) not shelves, went there last night and today, there was a bunch of ammo, especially 204 ruger and 308. The cart or carts are just off the bino counter toward the archery.
          Last edited by Johnny44; 06-04-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

You can find most any ammo you are looking for...just gonna sting the wallet.

Comment

Academy Katy has had ammo on the shelves for the last three days

Comment

Stay away from the same places every swinging Johnson’s looking,, find the out of the way places and report back.. I was in a shop today that looked like 2013 inventory on the shelves.

Comment

I just left Bass Pro in round rock and the kid was stocking the shelves as I walked up. He had the aisle roped off so I waited about 20 minutes and then picked up 500 rounds of 9mm and 1000rds of .22. Ended up paying $.34/rd for the 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                    Bass Pro San Antonio ammo is on a cart(s) not shelves, went there last night and today, there was a bunch of ammo, especially 204 ruger and 308. The cart or carts are just off the bino counter toward the archery.
                    I saw one cart/stand ( or something like that) but thought that it was only shotgun shells. I looked at the normal shelves, and they were all completely bare, no price tags, or nothing. I didn’t hang around to ask anybody that worked there, I just figured they didn’t have any.

Comment

It’s always the same when I go in there. Since they have higher limits, when the ammo does get out out it goes pretty dang fast. And I was told, they get two trucks a week with an undisclosed amount of ammo on it. Sometimes a couple boxes and sometimes a good amount. And the trucks don’t run the same schedule. Come at different times on different days each week they said. Very hard to catch anything there

Comment

It's getting slightly easier to get, but now instead of just the resellers, it's everyone else buying to avoid the resellers, so it goes fast. Academy stores around me have had .22, .223, 7.62x39, and birdshot pretty constant lately. Seen most hunting rifle ammo calibers off and on, a good bit of pistol ammo. Prices are a bit higher, think $10 for a box of norma .22 and $8 for cheap target loads, but at least I'm not paying the "I'm doing you a favor by ripping you off" ammo scalpers.

Comment

Gibsons in Weatherford had at least a pallet in a half of 1000rd 115gr cases for 599.00 today
                          Basically .60c a round.

Comment

I went in Academy in Conway, AR the other day around 9:20 am and they had beaucoup ammo, with nobody waiting to take it. The girl was stocking the shelves. There was already a bunch of 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 22, 223, 9mm, etc. She was putting up 30-30, 270, 300 winmag, more 5.56, 7.62, etc.
                            Looking much better.
                            I also got an email from academy the other day that they had H4350 in stock again. I rushed down and got 3 pounds. It was higher than some other sources, but when I took off my vet discount, and didn't have to pay for shipping and hazmat, it wasn't too bad....plus I have it in my hot little hands.

Comment

Most but not all ammo hitting the shelves now is FMJ and most but not all shooting ranges don't allow FMJ therefore making it not so useful to some but not all. Get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X