Water Heater Help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Heater Help....

I am wanting to add a water heater in my shop. It will get very little use but it would be nice to have. My plumber recommended a gas/propane unit but I cant find any small hot water heater tanks under 10 gallons. I would prefer not to go tankless or electric....

What does the mighty GS recommend?

I have a 3 gallon in my shop that is electric, works good enough for me.

Comment

You could get a Chronomite...but its tankless and electric. Its small and fits under the cabinet.

Comment

Go with a 120v tankless heater (Chronomite or Eemax) or they make small tank 2 or 4 gal 120v heaters. should be able to find either option ($150 - $250)

Comment

If you are going to go tankless, I would strongly suggest propane.

That being said, you can get 6 gallon electric tank heaters all day long for $200-$250. I found the best deal on these not at the big box stores, but a the local small town hardware store.

Really depends on what utility service you already have to the shop.

Comment

had a tankless on my old travel trailer that worked fine... just need a propane bottle.. in my barn original owner installed a RV water heater and had a propane tank to run it, I never use it...

Comment

If you use gas then you also need to cut a hole in your shop and vent it outside. Electric sure is simple.

Comment

I would think that a small electric would be the way to go. No gas piping, no tank, no exhaust to mess with.

Comment

Small electric is definitely easier and cheaper. Lots to choose from if you go Rheem, AOSmith, EEO, etc. and run about $250 for 4-10 gallon. Other option would be to use a propane RV 6 gal. unit, mounted in the outside wall for venting and the rest is inside. They are 6 gal. and can be propane only or propane/electric. They run $350-400.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    I would think that a small electric would be the way to go. No gas piping, no tank, no exhaust to mess with.
                    This

Comment

hmmmmmmm.... Electric seems like the most logical way to go. Let me do some more looking around.

Thanks fella's

Comment

Working...
                      X