Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help- passport needed to go to Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help- passport needed to go to Canada?

I am an American citizen and a few years ago I fished in Canada and did not need a passport to enter. I’ve heard now that if you travel by land into Canada you still don’t need a passport. I will call the proper authorities tomoro and get clarification. What does the green screen say?

I hunted Canada this past season. Passport was required.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      I am an American citizen and a few years ago I fished in Canada and did not need a passport to enter. I’ve heard now that if you travel by land into Canada you still don’t need a passport. I will call the proper authorities tomoro and get clarification. What does the green screen say?
      I drove through there last summer and it is a requirement.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

I hunted Canada this past season. We drove, didn't fly. Passport was required.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yep you need one

Comment

Just get one and then you won't have to worry about it.

Comment

It changed a while back. Required now.

Comment

I’m going up in a couple of weeks....I believe I read where there is an alternate to the passport. It’s a form the Canadian govt let’s you fill out.

Comment

Required.

Comment

Not required. A birth certificate and other official ID will work. But it's much easier to have a passport or passport card.

Comment

I work for a Calgary based company.....it’s now required.

It says this online....but when I go, they now have signs that say “ALL NEED A PASSPORT”.

“If you are a US citizen by birthright, you can indeed cross into Canada using your birth certificate and a photo ID. For safety reasons, you may want to bring the original birth certificate, or at least a certified copy. If you are not a US (or Canadian) citizen or permanent resident, you cannot enter Canada without passport.”
                        Last edited by RLB; 02-22-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

So a passport is required to enter Canada and Mexico, or return from there, but not needed to cross the southern border if you ain't from here??

Makes perfect sense

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            So a passport is required to enter Canada and Mexico, or return from there, but not needed to cross the southern border if you ain't from here??

Makes perfect sense
                            Yep......head scratcher, isn’t it!

Try going the other way without papers and see what happens.

Comment

Just tell them you're a refugee looking for asylum. They will roll out the red carpet for you after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X