No announcement yet.

Suppressor/ Silencer How To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following. I’ve got a Specter II, but am wanting another rimfire can. Think I’m gonna go the Form 1 route for it. Anybody care to link a good recipe for one? Probably want to go titanium.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      If you looked on your phone it won’t show up. They send you an email with a cover letter and instructions on sending pics and prints. Pull the email up on your desktop. It’ll show up. FYI this is time sensitive. 10 days I believe.
      The e-mail I received had 2 attachments, a quick reference guide and the other is a document explaining "How to Determine Application Status." Neither of these looks like a cover letter or instructions. I guess I need to go online and look to see what this cover letter is supposed to look like.

Comment

Except if you do an individual then only you can be in possession of them. Wife can’t. Brother can’t. Etc. That’s a big deal for me. The transfer upon my passing can be handled via F5 or the trust. Wasn’t as big of a deal but certainly part of my decision. Trust is best in my opinion. Idk how many items me and my brother have approved now. 20-25 I’d guess. Nice to know we can swap cans and guns whenever.
        That's the only reason that I did a trust. So that everyone on the trust can use what we have when they want to without me having to be there.

Comment

I would recommend going form 1 for a 22. Mine took maybe 2-3 months approval (some people get stuck in a research/pending hole, some get approved in less than 30 days). I have a Ti XRT tactical 6"x1" can for my rimfire. It was somewhere around 250-300, alum parts are cheaper and fine for a 22 as well. I think i paid 40-50 to have the tube engraved. Plus the $200 for the stamp of course. Ive never put a decibel meter to it, but to the ear, everyone seems to agree its about the same as my commercial Banish suppressor. With subs, only hear a click from the firing pin fall. My brother has a quietbore kit. I think he chose it cuz it came with a drilling jig, but theyre fairly inexpensive and seem to be well rated online as well.

Comment

Will a previous "Single Shot" trust from SilencerShop work for a Form 1?

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
              I would recommend going form 1 for a 22. Mine took maybe 2-3 months approval (some people get stuck in a research/pending hole, some get approved in less than 30 days). I have a Ti XRT tactical 6"x1" can for my rimfire. It was somewhere around 250-300, alum parts are cheaper and fine for a 22 as well. I think i paid 40-50 to have the tube engraved. Plus the $200 for the stamp of course. Ive never put a decibel meter to it, but to the ear, everyone seems to agree its about the same as my commercial Banish suppressor. With subs, only hear a click from the firing pin fall. My brother has a quietbore kit. I think he chose it cuz it came with a drilling jig, but theyre fairly inexpensive and seem to be well rated online as well.

If it costs $300-350 for your F1 rimfire can, where’s the advantage other than a shorter approval time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                Will a previous "Single Shot" trust from SilencerShop work for a Form 1?

No, they are only good for 1 item, hence the single shot name.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  Form 1 one and buy an 80% complete kit or st. Then you legally have one to shoot in around 20-30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Boom ! This is what I did and will continue to do

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    If it costs $300-350 for your F1 rimfire can, where’s the advantage other than a shorter approval time?

This is my question as well. Seems like I could get a better product for the same price but just a little longer wait.

Comment

Your choice of course. i waited a year for my commercial can and less than 90 days for my form 1, many people get approved in 30 days. I dont think, as far as being on a 22, my form 1 can is in any way inferior to my commercial can.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                          This is my question as well. Seems like I could get a better product for the same price but just a little longer wait.
                          You can. But the F1 dudes are too proud to admit it lol. They’ll never compete with the major manufacturers with a home brew can. But a lot of F1 cans ARE nice. Usually very heavy compared to factory. If not they get real expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            You can. But the F1 dudes are too proud to admit it lol. They’ll never compete with the major manufacturers with a home brew can. But a lot of F1 cans ARE nice. Usually very heavy compared to factory. If not they get real expensive.
                            Just my curiosity, so bear with me. We are talkin a 22 can, i dont know about F1 bigger cans. Mine is 6x1" and weighs just under 5oz. Shooting subs its silent. Literally hear the click of firing pin and the bullet hit target. I dont know how much more silent something can get. How does that make it inferior to a commercial can? What does a comparable commercial can cost/weigh that you will wait 6-12mos for and why would you rather do that? Just a lack of ability/tooling to drill out cones?

Comment

1.legality: https://wix24003.com/blogs/solvent-t...vent-trap-2022
                              2.Tutorials:https://thegunstudy.com/how-to/how-t...-solvent-trap/
                              3.shop: google Search "solvent trap" in Google

Comment

For those of you that went the Form 1 route and e-filed, how long did it take your cover sheet to be sent to you after filing? I should get my fingerprint cards today and just wondering when I’ll need to send them in.

Comment

Working...
                                X