No announcement yet.

Water pipe help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drip your faucets especially the hot don't know why but the hot freezes first that what we did when I was a kid.

Comment

Leave it dripping or a slow stream

Comment

Let all faucets flow hot and cold a steady stream not a drip. I do this on inside and outside my house. I run my irrigation sprinklers on till it gets above freezing. I’ve never wrapped a pipe

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
          Is it practical to temporarily seal up the crawl space with plastic sheeting? 100’ roles of 6’ wide sheeting run about $30. Between the heated house above and the ground temp you will help your cause if you keep the flow of cold air out of the crawl space.

I did this i wrapped the house in 1/2” osb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            Is it practical to temporarily seal up the crawl space with plastic sheeting? 100’ roles of 6’ wide sheeting run about $30. Between the heated house above and the ground temp you will help your cause if you keep the flow of cold air out of the crawl space.
            I found a giant roll of R-12 insulation, cut and stuffed in the outside vents, had no idea a 4000 sf house had so many vents or that the dogs like to take a dump by the vents
            Hopefully the R-12 and the central air can keep it warm enough? 7 days of 20’s h - 2* L I still don’t have much confidence
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-12-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yours looks 100% better than mine

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  Yours looks 100% better than mine

I’m not holding much confidence in it 6° that’s a whole nother level

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    I’m not holding much confidence in it 6° that’s a whole nother level

If you can get a space heater or two under there, it should help a lot. The closer you can get them to the water lines, the better, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      If you can get a space heater or two under there, it should help a lot. The closer you can get them to the water lines, the better, obviously.

I’m scared I’d start a fire and insurance would blame me

Comment

I just wrapped r12 insulation around already wrapped pipes on mine. It was warmer under the house then outside. I'm gonna keep the faucets an a steady drip/ stream and cabinets open and pray. Haba

Comment

Get some of this...https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-Ki...C30A/100196471

Comment

Stopping wind / draft is your goal. If you can keep the air from moving under the house that will do a lot. After that it will not take much to keep the air under the house around 30 degrees or so.

Comment

Draw up bath tub of water to flush toilets (5gal bucket) gallon jugs for coffee, drinking water, etc.

I personally would drain at lowest point (very important) blow them out from several different places (bathroom-kitchen) hot and cold. Not really necessary to drain water heater if inside the house. If yo do not get all the water out and it does do damage it would be limited to the part that could not be drained and not catastrophic to the entire house.
                              Hope this helps
                              Prayers sent

Comment

A heat lamp under the house and around plumbing in cabinets would help a bunch.

We keep our cabinet doors open that have faucets above the to help circulate heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X