Mobile home pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile home pipes

Question for yall with mobile homes. What are you doing to keep pipes from busting with this blizzard thats coming. I had wrapped mine with pool noodles and that has worked for the past 8 years but this will be a different kind of cold. Any ideas? I thought about wrapping some roll insulation around them also. Wife was asking if we should put a space heater under the house but I was iffy about that

I’ve never had an issue with the mobile home I own. My son lives in it. You’re right it’s gonns be really cold. You could turn off the water and drain the pipes temporarily I suppose

Comment

Turn on all cold water faucets so there is a steady drip or trickle should be fine. Did it for years up North in a trailer. Won't say we're u may hate then😄

Comment

With this cold a trickle will be better than a drip. There is no way I would put a heater under my house without me under there with it.

Comment

Fill every container you can then turn it off and drain
          Probably to late?

BP

Comment

Can't turn it off. Gonna be three people two being the wife and daughter in the house.

Comment

I lived in one in school in Amarillo and we got temps like this every winter. What I would do when it got this cold is open the cabinet doors under every sink to let the temp In There be the same as the house, run the water at a trickle, and plug in the heat tape I had on the water supply from where it came out of the ground to where it went into the trailer. I never had a pipe bust. If it is skirted and insulated well that is a big head start.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                I lived in one in school in Amarillo and we got temps like this every winter. What I would do when it got this cold is open the cabinet doors under every sink to let the temp In There be the same as the house, run the water at a trickle, and plug in the heat tape I had on the water supply from where it came out of the ground to where it went into the trailer. I never had a pipe bust. If it is skirted and insulated well that is a big head start.
                This is exactly what I did and never had a pipe freeze or break.

Comment

About the only thing you can do is run the water.

Comment

I have a pier and beam house and i set up a halogen light under the house or heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X