Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to finally order the 90D...

Am I messing up?

I would suggest you look at the EOS R or RP. Canon is starting to phase out the DSLR lenses that fit cameras like the 90D. Their move to all mirrorless is underway.

With that said, the 90D is a good camera and there will be a lot of lenses to choose from for a long time. It all depends on how hard you're going to go at photography.

Comment

Agree with Casey on this as well. I have the R and love it. Only thing I'm going to eventually sell it for is to get the new R5.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        I would suggest you look at the EOS R or RP. Canon is starting to phase out the DSLR lenses that fit cameras like the 90D. Their move to all mirrorless is underway.

With that said, the 90D is a good camera and there will be a lot of lenses to choose from for a long time. It all depends on how hard you're going to go at photography.
        Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        Agree with Casey on this as well. I have the R and love it. Only thing I'm going to eventually sell it for is to get the new R5.

I agree with both of these guys. I made the switch to mirrorless 3 years ago going from Canon to Sony.

Comment

Yep, exactly why I asked - thanks guys. Just getting started but plan to really get into it. Video capabilities on the R? I want one that can do both.

Comment

You can shoot 4k on the R, but it is cropped. You can get full frame with 1080p quality. What I do when filming hunts is I create saved custom settings, one for 4k when shooting video of the actual animal, and one setting that is full frame 1080 for doing camera interviews or wide shots etc. I think you can only do 120fps at 720p though if you like super slow-mo type stuff. It's definitely very capable for video IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
              Yep, exactly why I asked - thanks guys. Just getting started but plan to really get into it. Video capabilities on the R? I want one that can do both.

Read up on Sony video capabilities. I just sold a little Sony a6400 that was great for video but they have others as well.

In the end, best of luck with what you choose and have fun with it.

Comment

Without knowing what your primary use/genre of filming will be, I'll just tell you that the 90D is incredible for both photos and videos. I regret selling mine and plan on buying another one as my next backup body.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                  Without knowing what your primary use/genre of filming will be, I'll just tell you that the 90D is incredible for both photos and videos. I regret selling mine and plan on buying another one as my next backup body.
                  Thank you! Mainly wildlife at the ranch. Wife is picking it up for my birthday, I'm pretty pumped. Just getting started so probably more than i need but hope to get proficient pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by CindyKick
                    Lmao
                    okay?

Comment

Working...
                    X