X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolbot

I just received my coolbot pro.
    Room size is approx. 8x6x8.
    I still have to insulate, install the door, interior wall panels.
    Spray foam will be R7 per inch, 2x6 walls and ceiling.
    Curious what ac unit others are using.
    Thanks

Wanting to build a walk in also..... in for ideas.

Comment

Get a big enough A/C unit, min. 12k btu or bigger. You will be glad you did.

Comment

LG 12,000 BTU minimum. I know guys will say 10,000 will work but go bigger like gatt40 suggested.

Comment

10/4, thanks

Comment

I made a 6’x8’x 8’ tall walk in cooler last year. I used the 10k btu A/C and it works great. Bigger is better but my cooler sits out in the texas sun and it was 38 degrees in side when it was 103 degrees outside.

Comment

I had a 8'x10' with 2 live steers in it. I used the 25,000 btu because the steers were constantly putting off body heat unlike a carcass that will cool down. It would hold 40 degrees no problem and it was outside in the heat but it was in the shade. For the price difference I would always go way over on size.

Comment

Is your cooler inside a building or stand alone out in the sun ? If inside a 10,000 would be fine, outside I would go 12,000 or more to be safe. Your insulation sounds good .

Comment

I used the 24 k fridgedair. Stays constant 34 degrees. It’s a spray foamed 20 conex container

Comment

8x8x4 we used 8k per Coolbot recommendation, holds 38 November on, struggled a little earlier in the year and would stay at 40. Would do larger unit if I had to do again.

Comment

I have a 5x6x7 with a 15k btu a/c unti. It runs 28-37 degrees.

Comment

My walkin will have 2 exterior walls, the north and east sides.those walls will have nearly 10" of insulation.
                        AC is in the East wall.
                        The other 2 sides, west and south are inside a non temp controlled but insulated shop building.
                        Room size is about 8x6x7'6"..
                        I think the 12k will work very well.
                        I know with thermal mass it will help hold its temp..
                        BEER CAVE extraordinaire. Plan to butcher, hang meat, hogs, deer, and stock up on refrigerated products..

Comment

Working...
                        X