Hybrid willows trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid willows trees

Anybody have them in your yard, I don't have any trees in the yard and needing something fast growing, really don't want to wait 10-15 years for shade, just looking for pros and cons. For the people that have them did you order off line?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I bought 8 on-line, from fast growing trees.com. We have had them around a year and a half now and they haven't grown an inch.

Comment

If you are talking about a globe willow I planted one. It grew fast and made a little shade tree. Then it died out of the blue about 6 years later. It was messy with all the limb breakage.

Comment

Willows do tend to grow fast, but they also are pretty weak trees. They don’t hold up in heavy winds, and can die or get sick quite easily. Basically what has already been said.

Comment

Why not plant a solid hard wood like an oak? If you keep a water supply dripping and some fertilizer, then you will have a fast growing quality tree 🌳. Soft wood you are planning for damage in high wind.

Comment

Look up Austrees. Super fast growing willow type trees, but they take a lot of water.

Comment

I put in some monterrey oaks about 5 years ago. With water and fertilizer they grow fast and live a long time

Comment

Working...
              X