What finger release are y’all using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
    Sorry the Max Hunter Plus didn't work out for you. I love my TruFire Hardcore but you've definitely made me wary.

One finger release I have used with great success was the Spot Hogg Keaton. It is a very versatile release and you can shoot it several different ways depending on your personal preference.

https://spot-hogg.com/the-keeton/
    It just didn’t feel comfortable because I had to change my anchor point. I haven’t gave it an honest chance to be honest with you. Shot maybe a dozen arrows with it at most.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B4BC7C1-0BD7-4E68-8F47-1C3749888FD2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	24653546
      Stan Shootoff

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
        Sorry the Max Hunter Plus didn't work out for you. I love my TruFire Hardcore but you've definitely made me wary.

One finger release I have used with great success was the Spot Hogg Keaton. It is a very versatile release and you can shoot it several different ways depending on your personal preference.

https://spot-hogg.com/the-keeton/
        I’m going to try the Max Hunter release again. I’ve noticed that I need to move my peep up a little because my anchor point has changed. I’m going to have that done tomorrow and see how it does.

Comment

I shoot a couple of 4 finger Carter Chocolate Addictions, solid release and a great “hunting” one at that. Zero complaints, other than if I had to do it all over again I’d get a 3 finger. It’s no big deal I just drop my pinky and shoot off three anyway. I didn’t realize I liked shooting off a 3 finger until I had shot a 4 for several years but you live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            I’m going to try the Max Hunter release again. I’ve noticed that I need to move my peep up a little because my anchor point has changed. I’m going to have that done tomorrow and see how it does.
            Good luck!

Comment

Carter Too Simple here. I’ve shot it for about 10 years now and won’t ever shoot another release

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                Carter Too Simple here. I’ve shot it for about 10 years now and won’t ever shoot another release
                Same here. There was a learning curve with a thumb release.

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                  Same here. There was a learning curve with a thumb release.

This is the thing about shooting a hand held release aid. A lot, I mean a lot of guys initially make the switch and don’t fully commit to learning to shoot a hand held. It’s a big change, some folks transition faster than others but even if you are struggling you have to stay with it. Switching to a hand held is something that should be done when you have ample time to learn the new shot execution. I wouldn’t recommend trying to do it right before season or where the archer would be under any undue pressure or deadline.

I love it, I’ve said on here multiple times; and I’ll say it again, it’s one of the most positive changes I’ve made to my archery game. I feel like I have better contact with the bow, a more consistent anchor, hold the weight through the draw cycle better and far more consistent than I ever was with an index release. Shooting a hand held just helps me get me body in the position it really wants to be in at full draw. Of course, it’s not for everybody and if it’s not for you then it’s not for you. That being said you have to give it a fair chance to fully evaluate if it’s a fit or not. I know a lot of folks that switch over but a lot less that switch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m using a Truball Short-N-Sweet’r wrist strap. I sure like it...Very adjustable.

Attached Files

Comment

Stan Perfex long neck for me. Go to a pro shop and try several !

Comment

Carter Like Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X