Who’d a thunk it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
    Yes, our plane are all over the world. We've had some come back from areas where they grow the coca plant that have bullet holes/dents in the bottoms of the planes. The pilots are hired to spray/kill the planted fields and there are guys on the ground hired to try and shoot down the planes. Those planes have a Kevlar re-enforced belly and bullet proof glass in the cockpit.

I love seeing young folks with the drive and desire to build aircraft. It shows a lot of dedication and discipline to do so. Things like this have to have a lot of thought process involved and loads of attention to detail. I mean after all, you're putting your life on the line once you load up, take off, and leave the ground......so things had better be right!

I hope Spidermonkey will keep this thread updated on a regular basis, as it has really perked my intrest!

My uncles car got in the way one time of a crash landing on our farm.

The prop strikes cut through the roof each rotation of the prop. It was pretty cool, im sure not for him though.

Pilot was fine, seems they are made to crash land.

Before rice farming slowed down so much this area was pretty good for making money crop dusting.

Comment

This is very cool!!! If only I could turn back the pages 20 years, I think I would do something like this. I always wanted to fly. But then I would not be on a bow hunting forum.

Comment

Ok guys, first off, apologies!! But this build is still a going, it’s just yours truly is TERRIBLE at keeping y’all up to date! I’ve had several additional tig weld jobs on the plane I haven’t posted about, along with tons of updates from the nephew. It’s moving right along, yes I realize “wow! This is taking awhile!” But he is building his own plane, by hisself mostly, from scratch (for the most part) Not to mention he has to do some side hustles, gain some $$$, then buy whatever he needs next. Couple that with the fact that he is very meticulous (like somebody else I know) and you have a pretty long road to getting things just right and together! I will try and do some additional updates with pics and stuff tonight after work. My apologies brothers! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Cool read!

Comment

Love this thread. Hope to see a video of him flying that plane one day!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4436.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	26769615
              Here is when he mocked up his throttle linkage…

Comment

Name:	IMG_4435.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	26769622
                And after he got the finished product like he liked. Anodized aluminum with his “logo”.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry bout the double. Heck I had a hard time with pics on TBH before the upgrade, so I’m surprised I even got them
                  on here at all! Bear with me! Continued…

Comment

Or “bare” with me before the grammar hammers show up and call me out!

Comment

Name:	IMG_5752.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	26769631
                      Engine overview, oil cooler, turbo side

Comment

Name:	IMG_4432.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	26769636 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4433.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	26769635
                        Some pics of the cockpit. I asked him where my display screen was? And he said “send me the money for another one, and I’ll put ya one in there!” So yeah… I think he can handle it.

Comment

And yes, he did the upholstery, camo accents, and the OD green is cerakote. Yeah, he cerakotes too. Industrial young feller!

Comment

Name:	IMG_4431.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	26769640
                            Face on engine pic. Also, with the intake he made. Still “raw” in this pic.

Comment

Name:	IMG_4430.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	26769645

Name:	IMG_4418.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	26769644
                              Intake taking shape, as well as carbon fiber layer. He said this one was a good chore to learn this process.

Comment

Name:	IMG_4417.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	431.9 KB
ID:	26769654 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4416.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	26769655
                                Side engine pic with shiny carbon fiber intake. Second pic is screenshot off a video when he was checking thrust/adjusting prop pitch. Had it tied to a big cottonwood with a scale inline. Old school.

Comment

Working...
                                X