Converting Protein Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a older All Season 500lb protein feeder that I'm thinking about converting into a corn feeder. I already have the box with everything. Im wondering if I can cut off the crossbracing and just install a new bottom metal piece to the feeder
    Attached Files

I didn’t give this much thought, but in first glance, I would leave the bracing and short downtube. Then I would weld a pice of plate on the end of the downtube to mount the control box to.

That is assuming there is some sort of funnel inside the hopper.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is what I thought originally but it would still leave the feeder fairly tall if I have the control box about 4ft high

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
        I have a older All Season 500lb protein feeder that I'm thinking about converting into a corn feeder. I already have the box with everything. Im wondering if I can cut off the crossbracing and just install a new bottom metal piece to the feeder

I converted an all seasons protein a few years ago. I had a guy fab a pipe to fit in the downspout to mount the box. Let me see if I have a pic. It was fairly easy and made use of a protein feeder we did t use anymore.

Comment

Looks like an all season feeder? If so, they sell the conversion plate to put a spinner on it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            I converted an all seasons protein a few years ago. I had a guy fab a pipe to fit in the downspout to mount the box. Let me see if I have a pic. It was fairly easy and made use of a protein feeder we did t use anymore.
            Are you talking about something like this

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Looks like an all season feeder? If so, they sell the conversion plate to put a spinner on it.
                The conversion is 4", the downspout on this feeder is about 4 1/2"

Comment

How I covered all mine. Super simple and cheap. I've bought the converter from all season before and this way is way more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                    Are you talking about something like this

Yes... the conversation plate from all seasons did not work so it had to be fabed.

Comment

Working...
                    X