Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    congrats sarge.

i'm going live from the house today. Woke up intending to go, but still have this cold with a crappy headache and sneezing the dust off the fan. I'm sure ya'll would appreciate me driving the deer to you, but ain't happening. This thing needs to disappear soon. I'm starting to get mad!
    That sucks AJ!!! Wish you the best brother and a speedy recovery so you can enjoy the forest! But if you change your mind about volunteering to be out "deer driver" please let us know!

Comment

Congrats Sarge! AJ hope you feel better brotha!

Comment

Thanks... Caught the dang thing Monday morning sitting out there in just a t shirt, apparently

I think what I need is a nice, fat, country fried piece of backstrap! Where's my backwoods Dr. when I need him?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          Thanks... Caught the dang thing Monday morning sitting out there in just a t shirt, apparently

I think what I need is a nice, fat, country fried piece of backstrap! Where's my backwoods Dr. when I need him?
          Lol I'd offer you some if that's what it takes to get ya feeling better but we ate both pieces last night!! We had a butchering party and fried it all up afterwards! Lol and man I have to admit it tasted GREAT!!!

Comment

Well just twist the knife a little more Sarge

I'll get one eventually. May still try to get out this evening, after loading up on pseudofed and ibuprofen

Comment

Man I am totally jealous of all you guys who'll be out there this weekend. Guess I'm going to have to take consolation in the fact that I'll be at my dad's deer lease in Leakey for the next 4 days helping him get set up. And doing a little bow hunting of course

Comment

Congrats to BK and Sarge on the early success! Now lets hope for some bone on the green screen soon folks .

Comment

About to head back out and brave this heat...

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                    About to head back out and brave this heat...
                    The heat will be awful today no doubt. I'm going to be out there with you. Looks like tomorrow and the weekend will be better. Maybe this little cold snap will make them want to chase a little bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Man I am totally jealous of all you guys who'll be out there this weekend. Guess I'm going to have to take consolation in the fact that I'll be at my dad's deer lease in Leakey for the next 4 days helping him get set up. And doing a little bow hunting of course
                      Being able to shoot some Hill Country deer/exotics does sound cool!

Comment

Round 2!!!! Struck out this morning Didn't even see anything. Bought a bike last night then went home packed all my gear... Work up 4 and headed to the parents house to get the game cart... Got there at 5 and started to assemble my cargo rack on the bike to attach the game cart too... An hour later I get it finished and head out... Pull up to my gate about 715 and get everything out.... Quickly put everything on the game cart and attach the gamecart to the bike... Well the cargo rack Was missing two screws so I attached that part with some nylon rope.... About 1/2 mile back that ripe snaps and bends the cargo rack to crap and my game cart is Ridin my tire... Get out and "fix" that by useing my stand rope... Another 1/2 mile and everything keeps hittin the wheel cause the rack is bent...finally get it adjusted right and finish off my next 2 miles... Drop the bike and cart off and walk in the last 200 yards to my tree.... Get halfway up the tree and forgot to tie my pack/bow off in my rush so I have to go all the way back to the bike to get it.... By the time I get up in the stand its 855 and I'm soaking wet from sweat (so much for my scent killer spray)

Anyway.... Went to Walmart after I ate and got 50000 zip ties and a doe/fawn bleet call... Already up in the stand at 215pm and ready to rock. Gl to everyone else out here... To all of you at work even with all my problems I'm still sure glad I wasn't with y'all!!!
                        Last edited by roguecraft101; 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I'm in a brush blind not too far from my parents house. My climber is hanging on a tree much further in. Think ill try here till about 5 and then go sit on the tree for a while. Lazy I know.

Comment

do any of y'all guys spend the night out there? If so, do you camp in one of the designated spots? I'm not sure if you're allowed to camp elsewhere. thought about just sleeping in my pickup alongside the trail. el cheapo trying to save $10

Comment

I think you have to sleep at the designated areas

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
                                . To all of you at work even with all my problems I'm still sure glad I wasn't with y'all!!!
                                yep, i would love to trade places!

Comment

Working...
                                X