Advise on 6.7 Powerstroke tunes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise on 6.7 Powerstroke tunes.

I have a Livewire TS tuner in my truck. It has 4 tunes. Street 1, Tow 1, Performance 1, Extreme 1 Which one is going to be best for fuel milage on the highway for a trip. I will not be pulling anything. I am in Tow now since i have been pulling my camper at 13.3 and am averaging 15.3 not pulling anything. What is the opion of you Diesel experts? Completely deleted. 2012 F250.

I usually get my best fuel mileage on the highest setting. Usually about 2 mpg better.

Comment

Are you saying in the extreme setting???

Comment

The higher hp tune, the better the mileage for the most part. With that being said, I wouldn’t suggest running the hottest tune if you are going to be towing much at all.

I’ve got a 2019 6.7 tuned with an EZlynk, and it never comes off the 45hp tow tune. It’ll get better mpg and is more fun to drive on the hotter tunes, but I tow quite a bit and don’t want to risk tearing anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Towing i leave mine on 1-2, Commuting it's on Party Mode but i generally keep my foot out of it. When I leave it at home and my wife drives it I put it on 1 because she is lead foot. (Switch is hidden)

Comment

I am always in tune #3. 550 HP and 1200 ft lbs. Same truck as you. It's the appropriate amount of power to pass people quickly and efficiently. FWIW, I have 175k miles on the clock, I am still on the factory transmission, and had it tuned at 40k miles. Just don't rag on it, and it will last forever.

I have no idea what I get for fuel mileage. More than 12. It's a 3/4 ton, it gets what it gets LOL

Comment

Originally posted by brutus View Post
              Are you saying in the extreme setting???
              Yes sir, I don't have that tuner but I think they are all the same. Higher the HP the better the mileage.

Comment

Your livewire has "canned" tunes. On the powerstroke I only use Ezlynk with custom tunes as they run and shift smoother and do seem to get better fuel milage. Like guys above have said the hotter tunes usually yields the best mileage on long straight roads. Black smoke means too much fuel and loss of fuel milage.

Comment

How many of you guys mess with tunes on a non deleted truck? It seems like it’s a “meh” thing to do but sure wouldn’t mind a bump in performance.

(Waiting on my warranty to expire before deleting)

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    How many of you guys mess with tunes on a non deleted truck? It seems like it’s a “meh” thing to do but sure wouldn’t mind a bump in performance.

(Waiting on my warranty to expire before deleting)
                    Tuning a non deleted truck still tunes the ecm, and can void warranty. About the only thing out there that’s non ecm performance is the Stealth Performance box.

Comment

Typically the higher HP tunes get the best mileage. I would be careful in your truck because I think the 11's and 12's were known for eating turbo bearings and the hotter tunes will push that turbo to the max.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I went with the Preformance tune. She will run well like that. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X