No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those crabs would get me excited too IF after they wuz cooked, I had somebody there pickin' em out for me!! Once in a while I'll get the fresh lump crabmeat from the seafood counter at the big HEB near my house and just eat that sucker with a little Tobasco and other various toppings... absolutely love the stuff, but never got the hang of pickin' em out!

Comment

Yall should have seen all the crabs in the Chandeleur surf the other day! Monster crabs everywhere you looked! Most looked like females and some with eggs but I bet you could still fill a 55 gallon drum with them.

I'm heading south in the morning and imagine I'll go catch a few. Pain to pick but man are they good!

Comment

That is because you really don't 'pick them out'. You either cut or break them apart. If you are literally picking meat out of the shell it'll take forever. The folks who do it commercially use a paring knife.

The size of the crabs makes a big difference too. Once you get the hang of it you can knock out a couple doz crabs in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Those crabs would get me excited too IF after they wuz cooked, I had somebody there pickin' em out for me!! Once in a while I'll get the fresh lump crabmeat from the seafood counter at the big HEB near my house and just eat that sucker with a little Tobasco and other various toppings... absolutely love the stuff, but never got the hang of pickin' em out!
          We need to find a source to make those old crab meat smasher/extractor things and do a big group order.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            We need to find a source to make those old crab meat smasher/extractor things and do a big group order.

I bought one at the tackle shop next to my plant. Crabmaster. As long as you chill the crabs really well, it does a fantastic job.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I bought one at the tackle shop next to my plant. Crabmaster. As long as you chill the crabs really well, it does a fantastic job.
              I thought they weren't being made anymore? That's awesome if so, I want one badly. I could stockpile so much lump crab meat it's insane. Need it to stuff flounder!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Me and Glen have been looking for those too! I thought they we're discontinued. If you ever see them again please let me know, after justletmein since he asked first.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  Me and Glen have been looking for those too! I thought they we're discontinued. If you ever see them again please let me know, after justletmein since he asked first.
                  Buy all they have and we'll figure out a way to divy them all out. Lol

Comment

Buy all they have and we'll figure out a way to divy them all out. Lol
                    If I could find them I will but I haven't seen them anywhere. We even talked about trying to make one.

Comment

Getting ready to fire up the crabs now! I casted DSL and Spoons until I got tired. Nothing but another dang gafftop.

Did have a sea turtle pop up in front of me and look at me. That was pretty dang cool.

Planning to hit sea isle lights tonight!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Say what?

Comment

I don't think that's the right one Chew.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They are discontinued, but the tackle shop had one. I went back to check to see if there was more for a buddy and that was the last one.

Comment

Old timer told me to run them thru a cloths wringer.Never tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't do the same as the crab master.I don't see crab masters for sale any where on line.

Comment

I don't think that's the right one Chew.
                                Yep this is the one I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X