Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my plan b keep getting stuck on my cherry bomb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my plan b keep getting stuck on my cherry bomb?

Every time I shoot more than 5-6 rounds, subs or supers, the plan b gets stuck and I have to use a wrench to get it off. Both on the blackout and 223. Is it because they are over gassed? I haven’t adjusted the block on either rifle yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have carbon on them when you are removing?

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
      They have carbon on them when you are removing?

Nothing on the threads when I’m able to separate them.

Comment

How hard are you tightening it down? You don’t need a lot of torque because the increased surface area with the tapers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
          How hard are you tightening it down? You don’t need a lot of torque because the increased surface area with the tapers.

Maybe that’s the problem. I turn it pretty good to make sure it’s snug.

Comment

TX and several other states banned Plan B.

Comment

A lot of times if you just wait a few minutes it cools off and unscrews easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampasas View Post
                A lot of times if you just wait a few minutes it cools off and unscrews easily.

That’s what I thought too but it didn’t work. Still needed the wrench.

Comment

I just twist until stops and just a small snug. Been running q brakes for a while and only had issues with taking break with it if I didn’t locktite break to barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                    I just twist until stops and just a small snug. Been running q brakes for a while and only had issues with taking break with it if I didn’t locktite break to barrel.

Next time I’ll just turn it until it stops, not torque it down. Hopefully that will fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X