Used vehicle buyers beware....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used vehicle buyers beware....

A girl that works for us bought a new Dodge Durango 4x4 last Saturday based on my recommendations. I asked her today how she liked it. She told me she hated it and it didn’t drive like it did when she went on the test drive. She said the engine was really loud and it didn’t steer very well.

I went out and looked it for her today. She has been driving it in 4 Low the whole time. Has 271 miles on it and it smells like burnt oil and plastic when you get within 10ft of it. She’s been driving it up and down the interstate....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. That’s all I got.

Comment

Wow...

Comment

Oof...

Comment

[emoji2357]

Did you tell her to trade it in ?

Comment

That’s the lowest sitting 4 wheel drive I think I have ever seen.

Comment

I’m not familiar with these new 4x4s as I’m old school you had to get out & lock the hubs.
              Is this easy to do or very noticeable it’s in engaged in 4-wheel drive?

Comment

Women drivers for ya. My wife just drives and doesn’t pay attention to anything. She has had more flat tires than anyone I have ever heard of. She always seems to get door dinged or rock chipped as well

Comment

Wonder what type of gas mileage she got

Comment

The dealer must not have gone over the car with her and most likely got knocked into to 4 low while being detailed. Just a thought!

Comment

How did it happen? It drove good when she test drove it, then bad when she took it home with her? She think whoever did final cleanup did it? Or did she accidentally do it?

I'm no mechanic, but I would imagine 4wd is shot. Wouldn't think anything else is hurt though??? If that's the case, she should've good. Don't sound like someone who will use the 4wd anyway.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                        Women drivers for ya. My wife just drives and doesn’t pay attention to anything. She has had more flat tires than anyone I have ever heard of. She always seems to get door dinged or rock chipped as well
                        I've been tempted more than once to post a pic of my wife's '07 Toyota Avalon on here as the worlds toughest vehicle. It will take on pot holes square up at full speed, run over speed bumps at full speed, so forth and so on. I've given up on getting her to change her habits and i will never waste money on buying her a new car.

Comment

Danggg..
                          Unfortunately that sounds like something my bride is capable of doing

Comment

Might need to check all fluids or drain and replace. Hope every thing is good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                              Might need to check all fluids or drain and replace. Hope every thing is good to go.

Why do I get the feeling that she will pour the oil over the engine instead of in it........

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X