Replacement clip for ruger American?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement clip for ruger American?

Wife has a 7mm 08 and I have a 6.5 creed that both shoot awesome.....except they dont feed worth a dang. I have gotten replacement from ruger that sux as well. Anyone know of an after market clip that works well?

Comment

I replaced my stock with the magpul. Love it. Haven’t had a problem since

Comment

You mean magazine???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          You mean magazine???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ruger American AI Magazine Kit can be used to convert new or existing Boyds Ruger American short action stocks with compatible calibers.

Comment

I have a Ruger .17HMR that won’t feed. Have bought several clips and it doesn’t solve the problem.

Took it to gunsmith and he indicated it’s not the clips but they’re not seating tightly. If you hold up on the clip it feeds flawlessly.

Going back under to Ruger. I’ve also read several others having feeding issues. This is a semi-auto thumb hole stock .17HMR.

Comment

Are they poly mags or metal?

Comment

If yours is the model that takes the Ruger mags (non-AI), scrap those rotary mags and buy one for the Ruger American 450 Bushmaster. It’s a non-rotary magazine and should help your problem. It works fine for mine chambered in 6.5.

Comment

I have the same issue with my son's RAP 6.5. The replacement mag from Ruger didn't help a bit. I've researched it a bit and it looks like the cheapest solution, though not cheap, is to go with the magpul american hunter replacement stock that accepts P-mags. His is basically a single shot at this point, but it does shoot fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                      If yours is the model that takes the Ruger mags (non-AI), scrap those rotary mags and buy one for the Ruger American 450 Bushmaster. It’s a non-rotary magazine and should help your problem. It works fine for mine chambered in 6.5.
                      Original was a rotary. Replacement from ruger is a spring style. Neither feeds worth a flip.

Comment

Working...
                      X