No announcement yet.

Dahmer: Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I have been watching it. Pretty crazy all the stuff he did. I had heard about him in the past, but didn’t know any details. He’s a sick mofo

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      You fell for the narrative, didn't you?

I have not watched any of the series and nor do I intend to, especially after I heard they were going to spin it like they did. He wasn't caught right away because no one could fathom or comprehend what he was doing at the time. He was charismatic, charming, pleasant. (I have found that charismatic people can be the most deceptive and I instantly do not trust charismatics until they prove they are trustworthy.)

I lived through that time period and it was the most shocking, disgusting horror anyone had ever heard of. I mean, he ATE his victims! The book Silence of the Lambs was based on him.
      Well I just meant in the case of his neighbor calling the police to complain about smells and things over 100 times. Back then was a different time. Well.....I guess. I've never been to Wisconsin but I worked with some guys from Wisconsin and they said the n-word more than anyone I've ever known. So it may still be that way.

Also back then people were more trustworthy than they are now days. You see more people hitchhiking than you see getting picked up. Things didn't used to be that way. Back in the 70's my great grandparents would invite people hoofing it to where they were going to eat supper with them. No way anyone would do that now.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
        Wife and I have been watching it. Pretty crazy all the stuff he did. I had heard about him in the past, but didn’t know any details. He’s a sick mofo
        Was sick......He gone.

Comment

They certainly left off some of the more gruesome details, which is crazy because it is pretty gruesome already. He was a very sick individual, and they did a fantastic job making this series IMO. It makes you so uncomfortable that its sometimes hard to watch, but at the same time can't turn it off. I'm going to have to go watch the Bundy, and Gacy shows they've done once I finish this one.

Comment

I finished it a few days ago . Man his parents are as nuts as he was .

Comment

We’re 3 episodes in I think. I love the True Crime stuff so it’s right up my alley. Saw this yesterday and made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                You fell for the narrative, didn't you?

I have not watched any of the series and nor do I intend to, especially after I heard they were going to spin it like they did. He wasn't caught right away because no one could fathom or comprehend what he was doing at the time. He was charismatic, charming, pleasant. (I have found that charismatic people can be the most deceptive and I instantly do not trust charismatics until they prove they are trustworthy.)

I lived through that time period and it was the most shocking, disgusting horror anyone had ever heard of. I mean, he ATE his victims! The book Silence of the Lambs was based on him.

Dusty, how do you know they spun it if you haven’t watched it?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  We’re 3 episodes in I think. I love the True Crime stuff so it’s right up my alley. Saw this yesterday and made me laugh.

Oh man that is hilarious.

Comment

I watched two episodes last night but turned it to something else. Was just getting too creeped out. Made sure to throw the deadbolt on my front door before I went to bed last night lol.

Comment

HORRIBLE EVIL individual that found the perfect storm scenario for a predator:
                      1. Poor community
                      2. Poor victims
                      3. Poor neighbors
                      4. Lack of empathy on the part of LEO, fire department, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        I finished it a few days ago . Man his parents are as nuts as he was .
                        Yeah his parents were goofy. I heard after all of this stuff came about his brother changed his name and just kind of vanished. Can't say I blame him really.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          HORRIBLE EVIL individual that found the perfect storm scenario for a predator:
                          1. Poor community
                          2. Poor victims
                          3. Poor neighbors
                          4. Lack of empathy on the part of LEO, fire department, etc.
                          I agree. Things just happened to work out in his favor. It wasn't necessarily because he was clever. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Most likely would never happen the same way today. Shoot in today's world you can't even take a leak in your driveway without someone's doorbell cam seeing you.

Comment

My wife started it without me then just said "you can't watch this". I pressed her on why and all I got was, "I didn't realize he was gay. You won't watch it." Hmm

Comment

Creepy stuff - so many opportunities to stop it early too

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                My wife started it without me then just said "you can't watch this". I pressed her on why and all I got was, "I didn't realize he was gay. You won't watch it." Hmm
                                Ahh that's why netflix is doing it. It was a main thread in the Aaron Hernandez story too, which I just finished a couple weeks ago. May give this one a spin too. These little docuseries are interesting and not too long, good combo for lunch break watching a little at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X