Laminate came off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laminate came off

I was gifted a Galaxy Mars 45@28 52 inches long> It hadn't been shot in 20 years. I got a new string and started shooting it. The laminate on the top crack and started peeling off.

Can that be fixed? Cost? I'm not sure what the bow is even worth.

A picture would help, but what you are describing sounds like it cannot be fixed!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	24693203

Side view

Comment

Laminate came off

Sorry, that bow is toast!!!!!

I don’t know anything about that model bow, but I’ll bet it’s old school and not worth much anyway.

If you still want to get into shooting trad on the cheap, go buy a Black Hunter or Samick Sage bow and jump in. Both of those are entry level, low cost bows that function just fine.

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 09-28-2022, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Ordered a black hunter yesterday. That Galaxy was more than 30 years old. I'm still looking for a used bow with some history.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Sorry, that bow is toast!!!!!

I don’t know anything about that model bow, but I’ll bet it’s old school and not worth much anyway.

If you still want to get into shooting trad on the cheap, go buy a Black Hunter or Samick Sage bow and jump in. Both of those are entry level, low cost bows that function just fine.

Bisch

Buddy of mine got a Sage. For $180 bow it shoots amazingly well!

Comment

Probably from sitting that long is the reason the laminate popped off. Who knows what the ambient temp was where it was kept. Glad you ordered the Black Hunter. If you are like the rest of us, you'll be buying more bows. I've been addicted since I was 14 and I'm 73 and can still shoot a 60#@ 28 but I hunt with my 50# bow just because I've can drive nails with it.

Comment

It came in yesterday. 60 inch Long Bow 50# @ 28. I got it set up. 7 1/2 brace height. Two tied on nocks Top one is 1/2 above shelf. I'm shooting 3 under. Shooting 30 inch Black Eagle 500 spine. 235 grains up front.

Comment

Working...
                X