Team mudbugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking in with an update on crawfish

my "go to" farmer that I've used for 15 years lost half of his fishing leases. Appears someone out bid him per acre just like deer leases

He is fishing right now but committed to local restaurants since they are paying stupid money to satisfy restaurant customers. Last week his prices were $3.75/lb live. This week prices came down .50 cents to $3.25 /lb. Local restaurant prices for boiled crawfish were 5 lbs for $39.99, 3 lbs for $29.99.

No clue what prices will be in 2 weeks for BNZA. He may be able to put 5-8 sacks on the side for me but he cannot commit 100% right now since the industry is kinda crazy. Pretty sure there's no more cold weather heading this way. Current contributing factor to price is fuel costs and restaurant demand.

Not sure what the Team wants to do. I will call around to see what other info I can gather. Prices are pretty firm across the board as all fishermen try to keep the prices pretty close to market value.

Even projecting prices at $2.25/lb. .... 6 sacks would be around $475

Worst case scenario .... team crawfish may have to take a sabbatical this year and volunteer our efforts to support other teams.

Best case scenario, we pay crazy money and are limited in the amount I can buy.

Either way, I'll do my best to make it happen

Comment

I will contribute $$$ to help offset high prices

I assume others will contribute as well

Would hate to see sabbatical

Thank you for your help Blake

Comment

I'm good for a contribution toward bugs.

Comment

I'll make a contribution.

Comment

Contributions are great but we have no helpers. I'm not a bug cook, just a helper...

Comment

gezzz tommy lee , you seen it done lots of times. boil some water add seasoning, throw the bugs in.....

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                gezzz tommy lee , you seen it done lots of times. boil some water add seasoning, throw the bugs in.....

.....and watch-em hop!

Comment

Not a laughing matter

We need some crawfish team members to step up and help Mime and gang cook some bugs

Comment

Is there someone locally we could hire to cook em

Comment

someone try e-mailing stalekracker. hes a big deer hunter. might do it to shoot one of his videos.. https://linktr.ee/stalekracker.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                        Not a laughing matter

We need some crawfish team members to step up and help Mime and gang cook some bugs
                        The only 2 people left are wcb and me if Cajun Blake can collect the funds we can make it happen. Don’t think there will be many people going . So maybe 5 sacks should be enough. Y’all let me know .

Comment

I was planning to help multiple teams. They seem well manned, so I will offer help with Team Mudbug and assist with funding

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                            I was planning to help multiple teams. They seem well manned, so I will offer help with Team Mudbug and assist with funding
                            If we can get Cajun Blake to set something up so he collect funds and wcb to help we might be able to get it done doesn’t look like many people are going according to the name tag post so we can probably do 5 sacks . Let me know so we can get this thing rolling .

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
                              If we can get Cajun Blake to set something up so he collect funds and wcb to help we might be able to get it done doesn’t look like many people are going according to the name tag post so we can probably do 5 sacks . Let me know so we can get this thing rolling .
                              Do you have the cooker

Blake, can we send money to you via paypal, etc to get the bugs. Can get Randy, Matt, and others to send funds your way or re-imburse you at Nanza

Comment

My wife and I will be attending this year and can help out with Team Mudbug. What all is still needed? I have some equip. to volunteer as well if it is needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X