MULE LIFT KIT Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MULE LIFT KIT Install

2018 Kawasaki mule 4010 Trans4x4 2” lift kit. $168 at the local Kawasaki dealership.

Appears to be super simple.

We put the floor jack under the center of the front end.

they are simple lifts...

Comment

So it is helpful to read the instructions before tearing into it...imagine that. My BIL said he did... right.

The instructions are fairly thorough, as mentioned above it is a pretty simple lift. Probably best with two people.

Pics to follow

Comment

I wonder if it would work on the mule MX line? I have been tossing around the idea since I’ll be going over rock and boulders in the hill country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We jacked up the front of the MULE with a floor jack. Remove the front tires to give you more room. We actually removed the hardware from the top of the struts before we jacked it up...we removed the tires after it was up in the air.

Upper strut mount location

Remove two 14mm nuts and the 17mm nut holding the shock.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
            I wonder if it would work on the mule MX line? I have been tossing around the idea since I’ll be going over rock and boulders in the hill country.

That is exactly our problem. Just need ground clearance for the dang rocks.

If the MX is the bigger version, then yes, they make a lift kit for that. 2” also I believe. It’s super simple, I looked at them yesterday. Probably easier than the TRANS style.

Comment

Here you can see the strut coming down and this is the location we will install the spacer to give it the 2 inch lift.

The spacer

Comment

This upper strut mount was catching on the inner fender.

We took tension off of it (lowered the jack a bit) and pushed on the wall as we jacked back up. Did this for both sides.

Comment

The instructions say you can toss this plastic piece.

This washer needs to be reinstalled opposite of the way it came out. So domed side up.

Comment

We had to compress the springs to get the package back together and into place. Instructions say to use a channel lock plier to compress the springs. We used a ratchet strap...did well for us getting the nut back onto the shock. We did use channel locks to compress it and move the spring to line up the spring in the mount.

Spacer installed and back in place.

Comment

The back went fairly easy...much faster. Remove shackle nuts to be reused. Jack up from the front leaf spring mount. Knock/pull out old shackles. A long pry bar and a second set of hands comes in real handy for the installing the new longer shackles.

Both the upper and lower bolts need to go in at the same time...making it slightly challenging to get lined up. Rinse and repeat for the other side.

New shackles installed.

Done!

Took and hour or two to do.

Mule definitely sits higher. Still on stock 23”s. Room to go to 27”s

Comment

I've got the same machine and I'm considering doing this same thing. Larger tires will be my first change from the stock wheel size. Dang rocks make a lot of noise when hit them!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          I've got the same machine and I'm considering doing this same thing. Larger tires will be my first change from the stock wheel size. Dang rocks make a lot of noise when hit them!

They told us, at the dealer, that stock is 23 and you can go to 25 without a lift. That will only net you 1” over your current height. I’d do the lift first, then go with the 26 or 27

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post

How are you liking your MX? I got one last year. It’s been great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                              They told us, at the dealer, that stock is 23 and you can go to 25 without a lift. That will only net you 1” over your current height. I’d do the lift first, then go with the 26 or 27

My 2005 trans 3010 sits on 26 Or 27 and has room for more... looking for 28 or better now... but I think my shocks are gone... so will replace those first ..

Comment

Working...
                              X