Protein Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
    I seem to save a lot by having deer that wont eat protein. Except when i have to dump it out. They go right past it for almost a year now. Tried golden nuggets, antler max, DD, and the wild berry flavored stuff. All mixed with corn
    In years past, that was the results I would get. That was 10-12 years back, now they eat it readily. Not sure what changed that.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      In years past, that was the results I would get. That was 10-12 years back, now they eat it readily. Not sure what changed that.
      For me, it was fencing off the feeders to remove the presence of hogs.

Once they got really calm around regular feeders, I introduced small strap mounted feeders with protein until they took to that. Now they are eating -500lbs a month out of two feeders which is plenty (at least my pocket book says to).

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
        Funniest part is, the best deer attractant after you get them conditioned cost $2.50 per bottle and no way in heck I’m posting it.
        Vanilla extract or peanut butter?
        Last edited by Beargrasstx; 09-01-2022, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          For me, it was fencing off the feeders to remove the presence of hogs.

Once they got really calm around regular feeders, I introduced small strap mounted feeders with protein until they took to that. Now they are eating -500lbs a month out of two feeders which is plenty (at least my pocket book says to).
          Ive got mine fenced off as well. One of the free choice protein feeders is next to the corn feeder that they eat from daily. Havent touched the protein tubes

Comment

Working...
          X