No announcement yet.

Beware if you are close to the Brazos river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They kept bumping it up last time too. Every day they pushed back the crest date and raised their projections. Beware

Comment

City of Rosenberg is estimating 58.

Comment

I guess they are basing this on projected rainfall amounts and not on what has fallen so far. Right now the Brazos is very low at Hwy 1093. Hope there projections are off.

Comment

Cypress
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelectImage_2017-08-26-16-46-29.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	24509399

Comment

Gentlemen, I live in Bryan which is upstream of you there in Richmond, but I used to live in Pecan Grove. We are getting the kind of rain that you do not want to hear about. Whatever they're telling you expect the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
              Gentlemen, I live in Bryan which is upstream of you there in Richmond, but I used to live in Pecan Grove. We are getting the kind of rain that you do not want to hear about. Whatever they're telling you expect the worst.

Thanks for the info
              This sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was doubting their 55' height at the Richmond gage earlier, but not anymore. It's going to be real bad for a lot of folks.

Comment

Also, The Colorado is supposed to crest at 50 in Wharton...that is not good for any folks around there.

Comment

If we get the 25" of rain they predicted then we will have a major flood again. The Richmond gauge went up 1.5' in the last hour, now it needs another 35'+ to get to there prediction. If it gets to 58' as mentioned above then we are going to be in a tough spot! IAH is already canceling flights out from Sunday to Tuesday, so my earliest option to get home would be Wednesday AM, that won't be cool...

Comment

The latest update I received a few minutes ago is now calling for the Brazos to reach at least 56 ft at the Richmond bridge which is over 1ft higher than the previous record set last May. This is just terrible news for so many.

Comment

We need rosharon to hold the 53 mark or we'll take it too

Comment

Still raining pretty good in Bryan, and it has been all day.

Comment

Wife just told me that the Ft Bend Co facebook page is expecting 59 feet now. At 55 ft the levee should protect Pecan Grove. At 59, no one knows as it's never been that high. The Facebook post says that the flood maps are being reviewed and they will update expected impact areas as soon as possible.

In short, this ain't looking good at all.

Comment

Lori Bradshaw Hendricks Osborne - I am watching you watch this thread!

Country people know the weather.

[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Just watch them announce the Brazos related mandatory and voluntary evacuations. They are still expecting 59 feet at the Richmond bridge. They said that they expect the Pecan Grove levee to hold but all access in and out will be blocked off for several days. Due to all access being cut off they issued a voluntary evacuation. Not sure what we will do ourselves. Talking it out now. If we go where would be go? All family is in Victoria and Cuero so no good heading that way. We've got plenty of food and water (and scotch) so we could hold out for several days if needed. Hmmm.. a lot to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X