Constitutional carry, make sure you know the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constitutional carry, make sure you know the law

It’s amazing how freedom scares some people.

People should mind their own **** business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have not seen a gun since 9.1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yup.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I don’t think you can carry in nursing homes, hospitals, or antifa and blm gatherings.

Comment

I'm a firm believer that everyone should have the right to keep and bear arms, but not everyone has that ability. Those that were just waiting on a calendar date to go heeled and show off, are at the top of the list of the ones that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                I think the way he was carrying and displaying for all to see is not exactly according to the current law. Fine line of interpretation but should have been in a holster and not hanging half out of the pocket or should be completely concealed. Law states pistols shall be in a holster if open carrying. Pockets are not holsters especially if the gun is hanging out in a blatant fashion. Bottom line is if you are carrying and not in a holster then the gun must be completely concealed.
                A pocket holster is still a holster none the less and totally legal to use. And since all that was seen is the grip, no one knows if it wasnt holstered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I'm a firm believer that everyone should have the right to keep and bear arms, but not everyone has that ability. Those that were just waiting on a calendar date to go heeled and show off, are at the top of the list of the ones that don't.
                  Exactly and it will be obvious when some hoodrat jackwagon is doing so in a manner meant to intimidate and when you can clearly see the outline or print and half the gun showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yes sir

Comment

FWIW, I have no problem with people carrying a firearm as long as it is done in a sane, safe and professional manner and in accordance with the law. Don't care if it's concealed or open carry. It's when someone is trying to show off or intimidate that becomes a concern to me.

Comment

So I'm going to play a little devil's advocate here, didn't see the guy or his mannerisms like you did so just throwing out some thoughts from my Covid brain. I don't think the right to bear arms is the right to bear arms in certain ways or only if you take care not to look too intimidating. I drive a truck, lots of people are intimidated when I pass them or pull up behind them even if I'm driving perfectly safe, that's not my fault but they could argue that it's intimidating. I don't judge people by how they look or even how they carry themselves, one look in their eyes is tells me everything I need to know. I've met some horribly scary looking people that turned out to have hearts of gold. Now for this guy, he could be a thug I have no idea, but the fact that he's boldly open carrying leads me to believe he knows he's perfectly legal and his flex/brag is the cops will check him and let him go. If that's the case that also leads me to believe that he enjoys that freedom and is less likely to use that firearm to commit a crime. JMO

Comment

Especially during the summer, wearing shorts to work, I have a .38 Ultralite that fits nicely in my pocket in an Uncle Mike's cheap holster. Now normally with the bottom of my untucked shirt and what not the gun does not get noticed by most customers on the job. That said, the grip is visible outside the pocket. Doesn't mean it's not in a holster just cause it's in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Especially during the summer, wearing shorts to work, I have a .38 Ultralite that fits nicely in my pocket in an Uncle Mike's cheap holster. Now normally with the bottom of my untucked shirt and what not the gun does not get noticed by most customers on the job. That said, the grip is visible outside the pocket. Doesn't mean it's not in a holster just cause it's in the pocket.
                            Obviously you are a hood rat

Comment

I think we can all agree it's best to try and fully comply with the law to the best of your knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                So I'm going to play a little devil's advocate here, didn't see the guy or his mannerisms like you did so just throwing out some thoughts from my Covid brain. I don't think the right to bear arms is the right to bear arms in certain ways or only if you take care not to look too intimidating. I drive a truck, lots of people are intimidated when I pass them or pull up behind them even if I'm driving perfectly safe, that's not my fault but they could argue that it's intimidating. I don't judge people by how they look or even how they carry themselves, one look in their eyes is tells me everything I need to know. I've met some horribly scary looking people that turned out to have hearts of gold. Now for this guy, he could be a thug I have no idea, but the fact that he's boldly open carrying leads me to believe he knows he's perfectly legal and his flex/brag is the cops will check him and let him go. If that's the case that also leads me to believe that he enjoys that freedom and is less likely to use that firearm to commit a crime. JMO

This right here. If you're legal, that's all you need to worry about. If someone feels intimidated when you're legally carrying, that's on them

Comment

Working...
                                X