Tree Trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Trimmers

We have four spindly little trees in our yard. You know, the kind the subdivision makes you put in the yard to beautify the neighborhood. Anyway, we had two tree trimmers out to look at them and give us an estimate on trimming them, and hauling away the trimmings.

First quote was $800.00. Second quote was $580.00.

Are you kidding me? Uhhh, no.

I will be buying one of those little chainsaws on a stick this weekend and some string to bundle the dang trimmings with.

I had a pecan tree fall on my house, $4000 was the quote, but it was 50ft tall , $$$ well spent, yours sounds manageable LOL !
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-09-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

As you are probably aware, there have been discussions on TBH about different rechargeable pole saws. I have had the gas ones they get heavy quick not to mention another gas engine to keep up.

Comment

The best $120 you'll spend.

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Read the reviews on that one and folks are sorry to see them being discontinued, which is no big deal until you try to score a battery when that one kicks the bucket. Since I have some other 18 volt Ryobi stuff and a few spare batteries I may just buy the 18 volt flavor of that one. Small branches, and easy reach. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. Even for an 18 volt.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            I had a pecan tree fall on my house, $4000 was the quote, but it was 50ft tall , $$$ well spent, yours sounds manageable LOL !
            No **** - every time I get a quote for tree work the estimate is usually in the thousands.
            Recently quote for removing 12 eucalyptus trees that died in the freeze with stumps ground for $17,000.

fwiw I love a gas powered polesaw. We have an Echo at home and a Stihl at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
              Read the reviews on that one and folks are sorry to see them being discontinued, which is no big deal until you try to score a battery when that one kicks the bucket. Since I have some other 18 volt Ryobi stuff and a few spare batteries I may just buy the 18 volt flavor of that one. Small branches, and easy reach. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. Even for an 18 volt.
              I have one and for the same reason. It gets the job done. Seems it will go 10-12' IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                No **** - every time I get a quote for tree work the estimate is usually in the thousands.
                Recently quote for removing 12 eucalyptus trees that died in the freeze with stumps ground for $17,000.

fwiw I love a gas powered polesaw. We have an Echo at home and a Stihl at the ranch.

I might shoulda been a tree trimmer! That’s a whole buncha money!

Comment

Honestly your quotes are VERY reasonable. By the time you buy a nice pole saw with extension you will have spent $400 of the bids cost and will still have to do it yourself and haul it all off/ burn it

Comment

Send me a a pic

I am an arborist and forester

Comment

Come on guy. Get a trimmer of suggestions and do it your self. Just a little manual labor.

Comment

Don't rule out the safety factor. If it requires a ladder, I consider hiring it done.

Don't rule out a good Stihl manual pole saw and lopper. Lighter weight than the battery power options and zips through 3-4 inch diameter limbs like hot butter, and reaches much higher. I've had my pole, saw, and lopper combo for several years and love it. It looks like about $315 for the full setup according to the website prices.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/po...pruners/pp800/

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/po...essories/ps80/

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/ac...uners/prunlop/

Comment

Originally posted by prodigyoutdoors View Post
                          Send me a a pic

I am an arborist and forester
                          Not to hijack the thread, but can you tell me if a limb will come back after dying due to squirrel damage? I've lost a couple of small limbs and the top half of my read oak is starting to look very sick. I'm afraid I'm about to lose the top half of the tree.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=817826

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                            Honestly your quotes are VERY reasonable. By the time you buy a nice pole saw with extension you will have spent $400 of the bids cost and will still have to do it yourself and haul it all off/ burn it
                            This is how I decide how reasonable a job is. Well, sort of. If I can buy the tool cheaper, and have a use for it in the future, it's a no brainier. I'm doing it myself.

Just became the proud owner of a pressure washer because of a quote to pressure wash my house. Been wanting one anyway.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep getting quotes. Someone needs the money. Haul off is always a pain. A limb in the air is 3 times bigger on the ground. Someone is having a slow day with bills to pay. I have some young guys come out do mine. They aim high w me, last time they wanted 400. I paid 200 when it was over. Hit them during brush pickup. The haul off is a pain and if they can leave it behind it will save you money.

Comment

Working...
                              X