Portable mig welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    If you are wanting to use it for light welding projects in the field like fixing stands/feeders or light stuff like that, it will work just fine. I'm running a Lincoln mig/flux core combo welder off a Honda EU2000i to do just that. It works like a champ. I did a stainless project with it a few years ago and bought the gas/wire for that, but for mild steel projects I just use .035 flux core wire. It's good for everything as light as steel drum welding to about 3/16" material. Built a lot of stuff with mine. I have a stick welder too if I need to weld something heavy, but 90% of what I need a welder for, the little 110Volt Lincoln works just fine.

That is pretty impressive that a 2000 Honda will run that. I have the predator knockoff and my miter saw will put a hurting on it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FUB View Post
      I have a Champion 5500 w generator and it will run my cheap Harbor Freight Titanium flux core welder without a problem. Great for tacking stuff around the ranch 1/4" or less in thickness. Not sure on the power of the HF 3500 w generator.

How is this machine holding up? Would you use this unit to build livestock pens or fence corners? What kind of tacking we talking about [emoji28]

Comment

Everything I've built with my Hobart 140 has been outside with Flux core wire. I'm not entering any contests but my welds are holding

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just for reference, I have a Lincoln mp-210 and it takes 2 predator 3500 inverter generators paired together to run it in the field.

Comment

Working...
          X