Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    What shot?

I think it’s a steroid shot in the butt. I’ve only had 2 flare ups went to the doc told him what was going on and the nurse came in with a syringe. Hobbled in and pretty much was walking normal by the time I got back to work both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you do don’t try to pop your big toe no matter how much you think it would make you feel better. Ask me how I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Indomethicin and allopurinol is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
          Cherry Juice works really well for me. Usually knocks it out in a day or two. All of that sugar from the juice can't be good for you though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          This has worked for me, gout is pure evil.

Comment

Originally posted by jessBsemple View Post
            Get the walmart (Spring/Nature Valley??) brand of Tart Cherry Extract. I have been taking it for years. Doc said it is as good as anything else. If you leave it at home, there's a walmart somewhere near you. Front load if you if you need, then take one a day.
            X2 this, and drink lots of water, has worked for me.

Comment

I used to get flare ups when I was a young man. Now it never goes away. Allopurinal helps but now the neuropathy from diabetes has made my feet mostly numb it's not too bad.

Comment

When I had my first attack several years ago I really thought I had broke my big toe somehow. My buddy the podiatrist, quickly diagnosed it as gout and then he turned into the devil. He jammed a long needle into my big tie joint and extracted the fluid in the joint. The pain was a 25 on a 1-10 scale. But immediately it started feeling better. Since then no major flair ups. I’ve been on allopurinol and actually dropped the dosage by 2/3rds. Gout is manageable, but as said above red meat, seafood and alcohol are contributing factors for flair ups.

Comment

I take Colcrys as I feel a flare up coming on. Maybe once every few years I don't catch it quick enough. I can wait it out and it will go away in about a week, or go get a steroid shot and it will be gone in about 7 days.

Comment

I recently had my first flare up and originally thought it was a sprained ankle. Then the big toe started hurting and swelling. It hurts like heck and it takes me forever to hobble around.

I really dont like taking medicine or seeing Drs. I can't stop eating steak. I have upped my water, and trying to figure out what else to do to keep this nonsense away.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I recently had my first flare up and originally thought it was a sprained ankle. Then the big toe started hurting and swelling. It hurts like heck and it takes me forever to hobble around.

I really dont like taking medicine or seeing Drs. I can't stop eating steak. I have upped my water, and trying to figure out what else to do to keep this nonsense away.
                      cherry juice

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        cherry juice
                        "RW Knudson" has some great "Just Tart Cherry Juice". I drink 6-8 oz almost every morning. It's easier to get than the cherry extract supplements.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Just knew I had it a few weeks ago. After X Rays the doctor told me I have bone spurs on my foot and heel that need to be taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            "RW Knudson" has some great "Just Tart Cherry Juice". I drink 6-8 oz almost every morning. It's easier to get than the cherry extract supplements.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                            X2

Cheribundi or R.W. Knudsen or other brands of Red Tart Cherry Juice every morning, and lots of water during the day has kept big toe gout away several years for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              You have insulted a southerner and a gentleman!

I bet you lost sleep last night over it.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I notice before I have a flare up, I start peeing real yellow.When this happens I start Hammering water.Seems to keep things in check for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X