Foxtrot Mike AR-9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxtrot Mike AR-9mm

Anybody have any experience with these? Thinking about going this route rather than a Kel Tec Sub-2000. Reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the youtubers seem to like them but then again they like everything...The price sure is nice, I have a 8” cmmg banshee (9mm glock mags) I really like but it cost about twice as much!
    What are you gonna use it for, truck gun, home defense, shtf backpack gun? Kel tec would prolly fit in a back pack better, fm9 would prolly be better for home defense and mounting a optic and light, they have 1/2x36 threads so u need an adapter for suppressing

Comment

I like mine, I only have a couple of thousand rounds through it, but it works well enough for 3 gun. I would definitely get the FM vs the Sub2k. If you're used to shooting AR's the ergos and control will be similar. Only issue I had is that the Glock 33rd mags fit tight in the magwell and don't drop free. The smaller capacity glock mags work fine. I normally run the ETS 40rd mags and have proven to be very reliable in my rifle. The blowback design gets the action dirty very quick and will slow the bolt down causing malfunctions. I have to clean mine more often than my 223 AR's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It’ll be a truck/buggy/SHTF gun. I think I would like the feel & ergonomics better than the Kel Tec.

Comment

Just in case. There is one listed in Classified for $1100.00 Not sure what all it has on it. So ,ight be worth it

Comment

Great guns. Drop in a CMMG pcc trigger (to make it even better) and run it well lubed

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Just in case. There is one listed in Classified for $1100.00 Not sure what all it has on it. So ,ight be worth it

[emoji33]

Comment

Great pistol! Not really liking the side charging feature but I think newer models don't have that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a Fox Trot Mikes in 45ACP with a 7" barrel. So far I like it.

Comment

Never messed with a Foxtrot but I just got the PSA ARV and really like that gun but it runs about $950.

Comment

I have the model with the 5" barrel with blast diffuser and love it. Great shooter!

Comment

don't even think about the keltec .. picked one up on a wham .. it's terrible , took it apart to do a trigger job and realized they are built like toys literally.. sold it ! FM will blow it away ! personally i think the cz scorpion is the best bang for the buck, or at least was , seems like price is going up on them .. if you already got a glock , friend of mine picked up a micro roni gen 4 and he really likes it .. sig are just too expensive and have early gen issues .. only down side of ar platform 9mm ar's , shoot it suppressed and they get crazy dirty crazy quick ... i built one as an sbr with a tros 3 lug 4" barrel and it runs good , but you got to clean it all the time . my cz scorpion with a timney trigger in it is perfection!

my 2c.
                        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujlCQ-SlRlw&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]Suppressed 9mm ar15 registered sbr with SWR trident - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                          don't even think about the keltec .. picked one up on a wham .. it's terrible , took it apart to do a trigger job and realized they are built like toys literally.. sold it ! FM will blow it away ! personally i think the cz scorpion is the best bang for the buck, or at least was , seems like price is going up on them .. if you already got a glock , friend of mine picked up a micro roni gen 4 and he really likes it .. sig are just too expensive and have early gen issues .. only down side of ar platform 9mm ar's , shoot it suppressed and they get crazy dirty crazy quick ... i built one as an sbr with a tros 3 lug 4" barrel and it runs good , but you got to clean it all the time . my cz scorpion with a timney trigger in it is perfection!

my 2c.
                          Suppressed 9mm ar15 registered sbr with SWR trident - YouTube

Thanks. I fondled a FM today and will probably be going with that. I have quite a bit of 9mm ammo, not much of the cheap stuff, but is there a particular brand that burns cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                            Thanks. I fondled a FM today and will probably be going with that. I have quite a bit of 9mm ammo, not much of the cheap stuff, but is there a particular brand that burns cleaner?

Take a look at their owners manual. They have changed some things since I bought mine, they don't recommend ETS mags anymore. However, they recommend wolf and tula ammo, which is a first for me. Mine has been a reliable so far and very fun to shoot. If you dont like the factory trigger check out the Timney pcc single stage trigger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X