2022 Dallas Mavericks Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad thing is when we don't make shots we can't lag on playing aggressive D. No way you can bounce back from both of those! Pitiful 3rd Qtr to let the crowd back in the game. Had them on the ropes.

Comment

No kidding- 13 measly points in the 3rd. Even a decent 3rd quarter and this game is over. Now I don’t know l- down 2-0 to the warriors, they may win one or lucky two but I don’t think they can beat the dag gone warriors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the Mavs have a small chance but they are going to have to step up the defense and get a couple more guys scoring… the Warriors just have so much offense.

Honestly, I think the Mavs are a player away from competing for multiple championships…

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          I think the Mavs have a small chance but they are going to have to step up the defense and get a couple more guys scoring… the Warriors just have so much offense.

Honestly, I think the Mavs are a player away from competing for multiple championships…

I don't disagree with you. I said earlier in the thread I don't see the Mavs being able to actually win a title without having a big man and some sort of presence in the paint.
          The Warrior's Looney has never even had a 20pt game in his whole CAREER!! 422 games and the dude had 21 pts last night [emoji2955]
          That absolutely can NOT HAPPEN...yet we had NO answer. He just stood under the basket and they fed him for easy layups and dunks [emoji35]

Comment

Bummer of a game. Thankfully I missed most due to a date night!

Saw some terrible calls and no call on warriors fouls. Very tough match ups and warriors simply have a deeper and more talented bench. Poole is exceptional and I think the 2nd through 8th best players in this series are on the wrong team (counting Luka as #1!).

Gotta win tomorrow. Hopefully AAC will be rocking! In the mean time I'm going to thoroughly enjoy some golf on the TV!

Comment

Played lost on D the second half. And of course the rebounding kills this team when they can’t hit the 3s !!

Comment

Backs are against the wall and a MUST WIN game 3 tonight. But hey...we've been here before.

Comment

Must win is right. Just like a game 7 for us tonight. I'm afraid the game 2 loss is psychologically worse than the game 1 beat down. Don't know if we have the mental toughness and grit to overcome.

Comment

I’m gonna be ****** if they don’t address the 4/5 spot with a true defender and rebounder. Tired of our point guard being the leading rebounder on the team and watching teams destroy us in the paint. I don’t need my post to be a 3 point shooter either. Powell is a waste of space in the playoffs. Worst player on the floor. Also someone who can attack the rim and get tough baskets because as we are seeing those 3pnters don’t always fall.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      I’m gonna be ****** if they don’t address the 4/5 spot with a true defender and rebounder. Tired of our point guard being the leading rebounder on the team and watching teams destroy us in the paint. I don’t need my post to be a 3 point shooter either. Powell is a waste of space in the playoffs. Worst player on the floor. Also someone who can attack the rim and get tough baskets because as we are seeing those 3pnters don’t always fall.

Spot on...exactly what I've been saying from the beginning. No big man is our Achilles heel!! Powell has no hair on his nads and the stage is too big for him. [emoji35][emoji35]

Comment

Well, when Bullock and Kleber both go 0 for EVERYTHING we can't compete. Getting great looks...but can't buy a bucket.

Comment

Oh well....fun while it lasted. Luka is a gamer but he can't do it by himself [emoji2955]

Comment

Mavs have a young super star and need to get him some help. They will compete for a title as soon as they get him some real help to include as has been mentioned a big guy. I personally believe they also need another driver/scorer besides Brunson.

Two guys that played “forward” for 40 + minutes each combined for 9 points and 8 rebounds. You can’t beat such an offensive power house as the Warriors with that stat line from two guys playing that many minutes.

Comment

The way they are setup they are a complete “live by the 3 die by the 3 team” and the bucket gets too small for that in the playoffs. You have to have a player that can play off the ball and get you 10 and 12 every night and play good interior defense and you have to have a true slasher that can push the ball in transition and attack the rim if needed. We don’t have either.
                              We were playing with house money anyway. If you asked most fans to start the season especially mid way thru the season of winning first round would be acceptable as a success you would have gotten a hell yeah. The fact that we are in the finals with our roster truly says something. We just aren’t deep enough at some spots to win playoff basketball in finals basketball.

Comment

Expectations were exceeded from this Mavs Team. I'm proud of what they did. The Front Office needs to get to work and find an athletic Center and a couple of consistent mid-range scorers to add to this roster. Powell, Bullock, Kleber and Dinwiddie are all very inconsistent and Tim Hardaway Jr. is the same way. the Warriors have 4-5 consistent scorers and that's how they beat us, they showed up every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X