Where to start on sharpening two blade broad heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start on sharpening two blade broad heads

I have some two blade magnus buzz cut broad heads, and I am trying to figure out the best way to sharpen them for pigs. I was wandering if y’all could share some tips or pointers of where to start for a broad head sharpening noob like me. Thanks in advance.

honestly, I usually use a wet stone of a diamond stone and touch them up like I do knives. everyone is different but thats what I do

Comment

Single bevel? KME bevel jig works well.

Comment

kme is hard to beat for quality product and quality result. They just aren't cheap. If you want a lower priced option, google stay sharp broadhead sharpener. I think the owner may even be a member here. I have used them with good results.

Comment

Lansky

Warthog v sharp also does a good job. Just gotta take bleeders off

Comment

go to youtube and look for RANCH FAIRY broadhead sharpening videos...like him or not, he has good info on sharpening all types of broadheads.

Comment

Magnus have a wide enough bevel that I can free hand them on a diamond stone.

Comment

I think the owner may even be a member here.

Comment

i use a rada sharpener on my simmons the strop on leather

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1234 View Post
                    I have some two blade magnus buzz cut broad heads, and I am trying to figure out the best way to sharpen them for pigs. I was wandering if y’all could share some tips or pointers of where to start for a broad head sharpening noob like me. Thanks in advance.
                    Lansky….getcha one, you can thank me later

Comment

I have the KME self aligning sharpener for my 2 blade buzzcuts.

Comment

Using a leather strop paddle makes the blade razor sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          kme is hard to beat for quality product and quality result. They just aren't cheap. If you want a lower priced option, google stay sharp broadhead sharpener. I think the owner may even be a member here. I have used them with good results.
                          Which one would you recommend for DRT Dirtnap Double Bevels? I tried sending an email but never got a response.

Comment

Working...
                          X