Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Naomi Judd - confirmed suicide by self-inflicted gun shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naomi Judd - confirmed suicide by self-inflicted gun shot

sad, sad, sad .... Naomi Judd died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to daughter Ashley Judd. Ashley appeared Wednesday on "Good Morning America" to speak out about her mother's death. "She used a weapon… my mother used a firearm,"

Ashley said. "So that’s the piece of information that we are very uncomfortable sharing, but understand that we’re in a position that if we don’t say it someone else is going to.

Our mother couldn’t hang on until she was inducted into the Hall of Fame by her peers," she said. "That is the level of catastrophe of what was going on inside of her, because the barrier between the regard in which they held her couldn’t penetrate into her heart, and the lie the disease told her was so convincing."

"It was a mixed day," the actress explained. "I visit with my mom and pop every day when I’m home in Tennessee, so I was at the house visiting as I am every day. Mom said to me, ‘Will you stay with me?’ and I said, ‘Of course I will.’… I went upstairs to let her know that her good friend was there and I discovered her. I have both grief and trauma from discovering her."

Tragic ending, something you never want to encounter or experience first hand. I have 4 close friends including family members who ended their life this way. Those who found them have never been the same mentally.

If you know someone suffering from mental health or depression, give them a call today. Let them know you love them, care about them, and they can get through the troubling times with counseling and professional help.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-wound-firearm

Awfully sad situation. I really enjoyed their music together.

Comment

Sad deal for sure

Comment

Really sad to hear. I've known several over the years that could not fight off the demons.

Comment

Sad, but a good post Blake! And something that always needs to be addressed most often in our lives.

Check on the ones you love. As well as the ones you don't. And the ones you haven't heard from in a while.

Comment

Sad deal! They had many a memorable tunes back in the day!

Comment

So very sad but thanks for posting, one of those things we really don’t want to talk about but need to.

Comment

Great post Blake! You never know what someone is going through in their mind.

Comment

Alright, I'll be the arsehole; but, "Our mother couldn’t hang on until she was inducted into the Hall of Fame by her peers" tells me all I need to know about Ashley Judd.

If my mother died I Wouldn't be worried about anything worldly, let alone if it was suicide.

Good grief.

Comment

Really terrible news. I agree, though, if that is an exact quote, it is odd. She could have said "couldn't hang on even though she was being inducted into the Hall of Fame by her peers" to emphasize her mental illness. But it seems she thought it was a foregone conclusion that she was going to kill herself, and it would have been nice to see her in the Hall of Fame first.

Comment

Sad no matter who it is. Was she the one that gave that crazy speech about woman rights?

Comment

I don't see it as a mental disease. A person reaches a point in their life when it's no longer valid to go on. A person gets to the point where they can't do the things they enjoy doing wheather physically and financially and they can only sit and waste away. Or worse yet suffer from pain from past injuries for years on end. We all are going to die, why are you branded mental to do it on your own terms?

Comment

Does not matter. She was a great lady and performer. Pray she rest in peace as she should.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                            Does not matter. She was a great lady and performer. Pray she rest in peace as she should.
                            X2, this, sad when this happens to a family, any family.

Comment

She was a Great mother, entertainer and spokeswoman for depression. Sad and simple…In the end she just didn’t want to be here anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X