Minnkota Ultrex battery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnkota Ultrex battery question

Who uses a cranking battery as one of their Ultrex 36v batteries?

I'm going from 2 batteries to 3 batteries. I don't have room for a 4th.

I've read where it's not ideal to use a cranking battery as one of the 3, but just curious of the downside.

The downside I would think is that your cranking battery isn’t going to last very long running it with you deep cycle batteries for your trolling motor. Trolling motor will drain it fairly quick I bet. Then you have no way to start your boat. Why not go with 24 volt motor

Comment

Ultrex available in 80lb thrust (24v).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You will get feedback on your electronics from your trolling motor if you use 3 batteries like that

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post

I've read where it's not ideal to use a cranking battery as one of the 3, but just curious of the downside.
          This will not work in the long run

Comment

If you have any type of good eletronics you will not have enough starting power or power to run all day with everything running on your boat. You need a 24v motor. Tjey are better than you think.

Comment

Your starting battery needs cranking amps of a conventional battery and the trolling motor needs to be run with deep cycle batteries and they are not interchangeable. Running a 24 volt trolling motor is the cheapest option, if that doesn’t work there are lithium battery options that take up less real estate and you may be able to squeeze 36 volts in the available space but at a steep price

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                Ultrex available in 80lb thrust (24v).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                This is what I use and still run 4 batteries. 2 deep cycle for trolling motor, one battery for cranking, and one deep cycle dedicated to my graphs and tallons.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinB View Post

How big is your boat? You will have multiple issues if you do what you’re asking.

Comment

If you have a 36 volt ulltrex you need Three batteries just for it . And a cranking battery to run your electronics

Comment

Working...
                    X