Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 19 of 2022

Rabbit shot with a little obstruction.

Rarely is game just sitting out in the open. This week, we'll shoot at a small dot kill spot for a nearly life-size cotton tail rabbit. Slight twist is to put a small amount of brush around target.

Target: draw or print a rabbit as shown below on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Put a dot for your target aim point kill spot. Place a small amount of brush around target to simulate a wild setting.

Shot: first shot of a day using any stance from 11 yards (6 for kids). Measure nearest part of shaft to center of dot. Wildcard: eyeball shot is instant winner. (Note: if you shoot at the eyeball and miss it, you still measure to the regular kill dot.) Shots missing rabbit don't count. Up to four days' tries allowed (not required). Tie-breaker is closest measure on earliest shot.

So, closest shot to dot OR eyeball shot wins the call for the following week. Good luck, and have fun y'all!

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Heh Heh, this is a game I may have to play.

We eat lots of rabbit round here.

Rick

Comment

If you want to make it more realistic, print this, and stick it in the brush somewhere.

That's what I intend to do if I shoot this one.
      I'll stick it on by little broadhead target, and set it in the brush.
      About the only shot I ever get on a rabbit around here is in the brush.

Rick
      Attached Files

Comment

Man I had one give me a five or six yard opportunity the other night as I was headed to the blind. Hopped out of the shinnery right in front of me. Acted like it had never seen a people B4. I passed it.
        Guess I'm getting soft.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 1: nicked his back foot: 2-9/16"

Comment

Weekend fore last, Wife and I were visiting in garage when I happen to see a fat wabbit near chicken run on the edge of the scrub brush.
            I grab my bow and stalked 75s open space to behind a live oak tree. I saw another wabbit wit it. I have a roll of 2x4 4’ mesh wire laid out that was buckled by the cows and obscured a shot on either two at 25 yds. I saw my first target rabbit try to tackle the second rabbit and when that happen, the second rabbit flipped in the air and back on its feet.
            Peter Rabbit craziness.
            Wascally Wabbits spooked off when I tried to get a clear shot.

Comment

Day1: 1 1/4”
              Attached Files

Comment

Dang , Briar! Excellent!

Comment

Thanks TT.
                  Day 2: 3 1/4”
                  Attached Files

Comment

My Day 2: no improvement

Comment

I cant quite postulate a funny joke about a rabbits foot. Keep hackin at it…I suppose.

Day 3:
                      Briar: 1 5/8”ish
                      Jr1: miss
                      Silly guy shot my arrow and aimed for the tail. I got him back on target with his arrow and he was much better.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another good shot, Briar! That rabbit is not safe in the brush pile you made.

Comment

Thanks TT.
                          Im out of first shots today. I killed an opossum this morning. Ill see if I cant get Jr on target though.

Comment

Congrats to Briar for his Day 1, 1-1/4" shot! Looking forward to your call, sir!

Comment

Working...
                            X