Honda pioneer 1000 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda pioneer 1000 question

We just picked up a 2022 1000-5 deluxe and I have a question about the shifting point into 2nd gear. What rpm’s are others shifting at? Mine will not go into 2nd gear till I hit @2,500 rpm’s. It does this in AT mode and MT mode. The paddle shifters are suppose to allow you to manually shift even in AT mode…mine will not till I get the rpm’s up.

Ttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM Charlie (SaltwaterSlick).
      I am pretty sure he has one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        PM Charlie (SaltwaterSlick).
        I am pretty sure he has one.

Think he has a 700

Comment

Mine shifts higher than that I think. I always leave it in auto, with the exception of an occasional downshift. Honda clutches like higher RPMs and the engine doesn't like to be lugged from what I've read. Low shifts at higher RPMs than high I believe. Either way you will get used to it. Paddle shifters wont let you do damage, it will shift or limit if need be I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Mine shifts higher than that I think. I always leave it in auto, with the exception of an occasional downshift. Honda clutches like higher RPMs and the engine doesn't like to be lugged from what I've read. Low shifts at higher RPMs than high I believe. Either way you will get used to it. Paddle shifters wont let you do damage, it will shift or limit if need be I believe.

Thanks for the feedback. Im not looking forward to getting use to it lol. Drove a many a standard in my day and judging by the sound of the engine I would prefer to shift the pioneer closer to 2,000. Not to mention this thing has a ridiculous amount of torque so it gets pretty jumpy @2,500 rpm’s

Comment

Honda has torque, it cant be. Lol

Comment

Had a 700, now have a 1000-5... Sucker is a beast for power. Mine shifts high too, but that engine likes to be wound up... It's a motorcycle engine so in Auto mode, it's gonna shift like a motorcycle and they don't like to be lugged... The power this thing has is unbelievable! I use it at the farm every day, and sometimes it is pulling a fully loaded trailer... When I first got it, a buddy of mine and I were headed out to fill a couple feeders... Had 15 bags of corn in the back and we were running down a caliche' road at 55 mph and it still had a lot of throttle left... That high shift won't be an issue for you for very long!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Had a 700, now have a 1000-5... Sucker is a beast for power. Mine shifts high too, but that engine likes to be wound up... It's a motorcycle engine so in Auto mode, it's gonna shift like a motorcycle and they don't like to be lugged... The power this thing has is unbelievable! I use it at the farm every day, and sometimes it is pulling a fully loaded trailer... When I first got it, a buddy of mine and I were headed out to fill a couple feeders... Had 15 bags of corn in the back and we were running down a caliche' road at 55 mph and it still had a lot of throttle left... That high shift won't be an issue for you for very long!

Thank you Charlie! Guess I’ll focus on getting use too it lol

Comment

It is somewhat adjustable. When you take it in for the break-in service at your dealer, ask them to "soften" it up some if you still don't like it by then...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      It is somewhat adjustable. When you take it in for the break-in service at your dealer, ask them to "soften" it up some if you still don't like it by then...

Will do! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X