7.3 Powerstroke Help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.3 Powerstroke Help !!!

I have a very clean 1995 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 Dually with the ZF5 Manual transmission it only has 79,000 original miles on it. I need help finding a good mechanic in the DFW area or mechanic advice. My clutch started acting up the other day and not wanting to go into gear after driving for a bit. I can shut the truck off put it into gear and start it that way but once I work through the gears and need to come back to a stop or down in gears I can not get back into any of my gears. ANY help is appreciated, direction to a good mechanic or point me in the right direction for some wise advice on what could be happening.

I did not notice the problem until right after taking it into Ford for an oil change and fuel filter change. It more than likely has nothing to do with the dealership but it is odd timing. Also, I'm located in Plano but can get it to anywhere within reason.

Thanks for any insight - Chris
    Attached Files

Master or Slave cylinder maybe?

My in laws had one several years ago, same year and configuration. I seem to recall they had an issue with one or the other, possibly both.

It’s a job I’ve completed on a few other trucks in the past and isn’t overly complicated.

Comment

Thank you for the input Twist! I'll look into that and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Pop your head under the dash and check out the clutch linkage attached to the pedal. Super common for them to get a ton of slop and not engage the clutch completely. Any odd noises from the clutch? The dual mass flywheel could be on its way out but it’s typically fairly noisy when it’s about to check out.

For any ZF issues, your near one of the best-
        Standard transmission in Dallas is awesome.

Comment

If your clutch is engaging sounds like you are low on gear oil in transmission. Unless it is actually the clutch or slave. The older ones had 2 fingers on the throw out bearing also and one would often break off. Not sure if yours is still that style.

Comment

Might be something as simple as the linkage coming undone. I’ve experienced that before. Look under the dash down near the pedals and up a bit. Follow the linkage.

Comment

After reading the comments in the oil change thread, you may want to make sure they didn't drain your tranny and put oil in it! Lol!

Comment

Buck Marshall 940-577-1687

He’s a Ford Mechanic.

Comment

Thank you for all the helpful information. I will try to look at it in the next few days. This gives me a few places go start for sure. Hopefully have an update with some good news of it being a simple fix.

Comment

Give Aaron leff a call. Hes the sales/service mgr at Eagle transmission west plano. If he cant fix it, it cant be fixed.

Comment

Holy cow thats a clean ride ...love those old body styles

Comment

Working...
                      X