X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone walkway quote

What would you say to this quote 2900$

40x4 stone walkway

I would do it myself and save some cash but my back isn't liking the heavy rock work anymore and I'm saving that torture for my elk hunts
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kingranch; 02-10-2021, 09:48 AM.

Have you priced all the material? If so, how much was it? I'm betting he/she is getting half that quote in labor.

Comment

Bid estimate w labor and materials
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        Is your back worth $2,200.00?? They aren't gouging you on material unless they are selling you twice the material they actually need. If you feel like they are then tell them you'll buy the material then pay them labor when it's done.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Comment

I own a rock supply yard. The stone and gravel prices are not marked up from wholesale. The labor, I cant speak for.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            Who gave you this quote? PM me if you'd prefer, but I'm looking for somebody to do a similar project and I'm not far from Lakeway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
              Have you priced all the material? If so, how much was it? I'm betting he/she is getting half that quote in labor.
              Boss has to make money too. Add 10% to materials and 20% to labor. That's the owner/boss cut.

Comment

Gonna have to agree with what I think you're thinking...my back pain ain't worth $2200...

Comment

Don't be a cheap@ss Mike. That's pennies for a guy of your stature

Comment

That looks like a reasonable price to me, I doubt we would get a estimate that cheap in our area. He’s been transparent in his cost build up, and he’s in business to make money.

Your time and pain is worth much more than that cost especially if you end up making your back worse and then missing your elk hunt...I suffer from back issues and have gotten away from doing these kind of projects.

Comment

Looks like a very reasonable price and after doing a very similar job myself at my house I can justify his $2200 in labor. It was a lot of work.

Comment

I just redid a flagstone patio. I wouldn't do that for $2200 unless my kid was hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                          Don't be a cheap@ss Mike. That's pennies for a guy of your stature
                          🤣 you know as well as I do gimpy... this kinda work will take a toll on your body.

I'm going to see how this turns out..I'll update w pics when it's done. He does good work.

Thx for the input.. and PM sent honcho

Comment

If I was in that business, I’d do it for $2890.

Comment

I put out 20 tons of flagstone on my own, 52 yrs old, almost killed me.......got wholesale semi load from Oklahoma, he delivered at night since overweight.......I did place pallets strategically with skytrak

Comment

Working...
                              X